(37) Confrontations With Crazy Roommates

"I've got it." I tell Jo as I take a step, but I wasn't looking where I was going and one of my crutches landed on a puddle on the concrete making me slip and not fall because guess who's there to catch me?

My good ole' friend, Jo. "Yeah, You're right. You definitely got it." Jo says sarcastically, while helping to balance me so I don't slip on any puddles again.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I ask, suspicious. "I punched you in the face." I point out even though her face doesn't really show it that much anymore. I mean, her eye is a little red still, but the swelling went down.

"Because sometimes I even want to punch me in the face." Jo shrugged.

***

When Jo and I reach the doorway to our dorm, Jo lets me go after making sure I won't fall again and holds the door open for me. "Thanks." I say as I walk in.

She closes it behind me. Why do I think I'm about to be murdered? I don't know why this is so awkward.

"How did you break your leg?" Jo asks as she sits on her bed. I decide to follow her lead and sit on mine, laying the crutches against my bed.

"It's not broken, just sprained." I explain. "I sprained it while dancing. I guess I got a little in my head with the moves." I shrug.

"I feel that. I get in my head a lot." I bet you do. I want to say, but I don't because that would be rude and I don't want to be rude. Not when she's being so nice to me after I socked her.

"I noticed you've been hanging out with Cameron a lot lately." She comments all too casually. Is that what she wants to talk to me about?

Oh my God! They did have sex together! I thought it was just a one time thing, but what if it wasn't? What if it was more than that?

"I can see you panicking." Jo says, calling me out. She gets up and pulls a toad from out of her tote bag like it's normal.

"What the fuck?" I immediately get up and because I didn't get my crutches, I fall down.

"Are you okay?" And then Jo lets go of the toad and also Tigress that she was holding and rushes over to me. The toad and snake both land in the cage, but since she didn't close it, the snake eats the toad (ew) and slowly slithers out of the cage.

"Get it away!" I point at Tigress in panic and lean as far away from the snake that is slithering towards me.

Jo looks where I am pointing, sees Tigress and picks her up into her hands, but instead of putting her back in her cage, Jo walks towards me.

"Get it away! Get it away! Get it away!" I shout.

"Relax!" Jo says. "I'm not doing anything but having Tigress in my hands while I talk to you. I mean, you should start to get used to Tigress. She's in your presence all the time. What if she gets out of her cage while you're here again?" Then I'll kill it. Simple solution.

"How about just holding her?" How about I just kill Jo instead?

When Jo sees the panic written all over my face she seems to try again. "I'll be right here, making sure that Tigress doesn't hurt you. Please?" She coaxes like I'm a wild animal. Like a snake.

Ugh! I don't like this! I don't like this! I don't--

And then Jo opens up my hands with the hand that doesn't currently hold Tigress, who is crawling up her wrist. I'm going to pass out at any moment. My hands are shaking and I think Jo can feel that because she whispers, "It's going to be okay. I won't let Tigress hurt you. I promise."