(50) And Then They Showed Up

Warning: This chapter may contain content that could be potentially sensitive to some readers. Read at your own risk. Y'all have been warned!!

"Hiya, freaks and geeks!" Jo pops in with close behind, another girl I don't know, June, Melia, Hartley, and Noelle. So, basically almost everyone in Corners (our dance team) minus--

"Don't worry." Jo locks eyes with Dianna who still has a knife held to her neck by one Dean Borderra. "Your baby is safe with one ginger haired boy I know well." And then Jo scrunches up her eyebrows, seeming to rethink her statement. "Sort of. I sort of know him."

Dianna's eyes widen in fear more so. "What Jo is trying to say," June says, glaring back at Jo. She looks forward at Dianna, her hand tightly grasped in Shane's. Not once has she let go of Shane's hand since she stepped in here. "Is that your baby is safe."

"And that the cops are coming." Shane butts in, looking Dean dead in the eyes. "We have ten eye witnesses who can speak up for what you did, including the victims."

"And," The random bald-headed chick speaks up, holding up a tiny object which looks to be a USB drive that when you hook up to a computer, you can play it. "We have evidence as to what you are to back it up." She says, smirking.

"Cleo." Dianna gasps.

"Dianna." Cleo. It suits her. Bald and yet stylish and fierce in a tight fitting, long-sleeved, dark green crop top and ripped navy jeans paired up with leopard print wedges and big golden hoops with a small, diamond -studded, daisy-shaped necklace that falls on just below her collarbone.

"Don't you mean, mother?" Dean chimes in, his hand still pressing the sharp edge of the blade against Dianna's throat.

Dianna's eyes snap to Dean as much as she can without hurting herself in the process. Dean just smirks, whispering, "I knew about your affair with Nick. I knew about your other daughter. I just didn't care." Dean pauses, presses the blade deeper into Dianna's neck, making her gasp for air that she doesn't have. "Until now."

And then the blade sinks all the way in and Dianna collapses on the ground and in everyone's panic, the man in question Nick Nuttinberg flies into the hallway with Dianna's baby, curled up in a blanket in tow.

No one pays attention to Dean. We are all too stunned and in our own thoughts.

Big mistake, because Dean takes my hand and whispers into my ear with a gun to my temple, "If you don't do exactly as I say, you're next."

And then we both walk out of there, no one being the wiser.

I faintly hear Cameron screaming out for my name, but Dean starts the car and speeds away with me in the passenger seat before I can think too hard about it.