The Other Side 2

Ring of Promises

The Other Side 2

Second quarter of the school year, I got a chance to sit beside Amanda. It's because Autumn is too noisy and is causing too much trouble, our teacher changed our seats. Now, she's sitting in between our two silent classmates, Callant and Luck.

Kumabog ang dibdib ko habang naglalakad palapit sa aking bagong upuan. Amanda was pouting and playing with her fingers while looking at her friend.

She put her feet under her chair as if I will get tripped on it, she tucked the untamed strands of her hair behind her ear. Nilapag ko ang aking bag sa upuan at bumaling sa kanya.

We're seatmates now, thanks to your noisy friend.

Nakita ko ang pag-irap niya. My lips parted, she still looked very pretty even if she's showing me some attitude. Is that for me? Damn, baby. Are you annoyed at me now?

Pinasada ko ang mga daliri sa aking buhok. Pinanood ko ang bawat kilos niya, ang pagpikit ng mga mata niya, ang mahihinahong paghinga, at ang pagkagat niya sa kanyang labi. Damn, those red lips, it's making me feel hot.

I can smell her perfume from here, it's kinda addicting. Umayos ako ng pagkakaupo at pinilit ang sariling makinig sa guro.

Kung sinuswerte nga naman ako. Isang araw ay nagpagawa ng proyekto ang isa sa mga teacher namin at si Amanda ang naging kapareha ko.

"So, where would you want to meet for our project?" Tanong ko sa kanya habang sinusukbit ang bag. I don't have her number and she never accepted me on any of her social media accounts. So, we can't contact each other.

"Uhm, Saturday kasi bukas, may family gathering kami. Puwedeng ako na lang ang gumawa noon para hindi na tayo magkita ngayong weekend."

Family gathering? So, she's busy this weekend... with her family. I smiled thinking that she's a family-oriented type of girl. Well, it's very obvious.

Maybe it's not the right time for us to be alone? Huminga ako ng malalim at inorganisa ang nasa isip.

"If you have things to do, I'll do it alone, then." I said as I slid my hands inside my pockets. Tiningala niya ako at napapikit-pikit siya, tila pinoproseso ang sinabi ko. She looked like a puzzled doll.

"But..."

"Wala rin naman akong gagawin. Just have fun with your family." I tapped her head, then, waved. "Bye, see you on Monday."

Nakangiti akong nagtungo sa aking sasakyan. I was about to go in but a small hand gripped my elbow. Hindi ko pa nalilingon ay kilala ko na kung sino 'yon.

"Caspian, here's my number. Let's just contact each other for our project. I'm really sorry I can't meet up with you tomorrow." Bumaba ang mata ko sa maliit na papel na hawak niya. I scraped my neck and slowly lifted my hand to accept the paper.

My heart thundered when I remembered a scene from the series I recently watched. The girl was giving the guy a love letter. I don't exactly know why I suddenly thought of that. It feels like she's giving me the written confession of her love. Damn, this girl is making me think of bizzare things.

Nang nasa bahay na ako ay tinitigan ko lang ang numerong binigay niya. Should I really contact her?

"If I will, she might think I'm too nosy." I laid down on my bed, trying to organize my thoughts.

It's already 8:00 PM, maybe she's sleeping now. Muli akong bumangon at sinimulan na ang aming project. I can finish this in time and I'll just tell her that everything's done.