The Other Side 4

Ring of Promises

The Other Side 4

"Caspian, the reason why I bought you dogs is for you to stay at your condo! Amanda told me that you always sleep on her condo. How about the dogs?!" Bungad sa akin ni Mama pagkasagot ko ng kanyang tawag.

I knew it. She purposely gave me the dogs so she will have a reason to stop me from sleeping at Amanda's condo. As if it will work on me.

"Mama, the dogs are fine." May nag-aalaga sa kanila.

"If something happens to Amanda and the dogs, I won't ever forgive you, Caspian."

Kumunot ang noo ko. Walang mangyayaring masama sa mga aso at lalo na kay Amanda dahil madalas naman kaming magkasama.

"Caspian, you shouldn't sleep on her condo. You two are not married yet. Just play with Yuina and Euko."

"Mama, we're getting there too."

"I know and it's too soon!"

"I'll marry her after her graduation. Does it make a change? What's wrong with sleeping with her?"

"Certamente! Goodness, Caspian. Of course it does make a change. Try putting yourself on her father's shoes. Will you be okay if you knew that someone is sleeping in your daughter's condo?"

"That will be fine for me. If I knew the guy too well, I'll entrust my daughter to him. I'll trust the guy just like how Tito Dandy trust me. Tito trusts us and you should do the same, Mama." My mother may be scared that I might get Amanda pregnant but I'm not stupid. I'm aware of the possibilities of my actions that's why I'm always being careful.

At the end, she just sighed and accept the reality that she won't make me change my mind.

"Good morning, Cas." Pagkadilat ko ay ang bagong ligo na si Amanda ang bumungad sa akin. Bumangon ako at pinaraanan ng mga daliri ang buhok.

"Morning, babe." I greeted as she walked towards me, wearing a silk robe and hair was all wet. "Do you have any plans today?"

"I'm going out to buy stationery." Sabi niya at umupo sa tabi ko. I immediately encircled my arms on her waist. My girlfriend smells really good.

"For what?" Tanong ko kahit alam ko naman na ang sagot. I just want to cuddle.

"'Di ba sabi ko sa 'yo, start na ng summer job ko next week. How about you? Do you have any plans for today?" Tumango ako. I'll accompany her. Hindi siya nagtanong kaya nagkusa na akong magsabi.

"Sasama ako sa 'yo. Let's shop for your new lingerie and my condoms." Pang-aasar ko sa kanya, gaya ng inaasahan, bigla niya akong hinampas at tinulak palayo.

"You're starting again, Caspian. Ang aga-aga, iniinis mo na ako. Bahala ka r'yan! I'll go out by myself!" Naaasar na sabi niya, nagawa pa akong hampasin ng unan sa mukha pero tumawa lang ako. I missed seeing her annoyed face, she's really cute. Ngayon ko lang ulit siya naasar ng ganito, hindi ko kasi maatim na makisabay sa pag-aaral niya.

"I'm just kidding, may stock pa naman tayo." Humahalakhak kong sabi habang inaagaw ang unan sa kanya.

"Ugh! Hindi ka na makakaulit!" Umisang hampas pa siya bago ako iniwan sa kwarto. She stormed out of the room and banged the door loudly.

Mabilis naman akong nagsuot ng damit at sinundan siya. Pagbukas ko ng pinto ng kwarto ay siyang pagsara niya ng pinto ng closet. I laughed and made sure that she heard it. Naiiling akong nagtungo sa kusina para ipaghanda siya ng agahan. That's enough, Caspian.

After placing the pancakes and fresh fruits on the table, I started preparing her usual hot milk and my black coffee. I waited patiently for her to finish until the closet's door opened.