Chapters 14-5

I walked with an uncertain step on the soft carpet of the room to stop in the middle of it. The dim lights gave the room an intimate and romantic atmosphere. Opposite the large four-poster bed, with light silk sheets, stood a huge window, directly in contact with the seabed where flora and fauna and all the marine species living in the ocean rubbed shoulders. The view under the sea was soothing and managed to calm the intense stress that paralyzed me. Little by little, tranquility settled inside me and I realized how lucky I was to be there, in that idyllic place.

I looked up at the glass ceilings, the first of which hung more than ten yards above me. Outside, the celestial spectacle offered by the starry firmament was breathtaking. However, I couldn't choose which one, the sky or the sea, was the most beautiful to contemplate at this precise moment. I approached the large window with the impression of being immersed in a huge aquarium and then put my fingertips on the thick cold wall, directly in contact with the ocean. Suddenly, without hearing him or even seeing him, I knew he was there, right behind me. Indeed, I was able to recognize his smell among a thousand others. The air immediately became more electric when his hand brushed against my shoulder to go up to my neck. Then I felt his lips settle in the hollow of it. I closed my eyes, absorbed by the voluptuousness that gripped my whole body.

"It's by far the most romantic place on Earth," I whispered, short of breath.

Faïz's arms gently turned me around. Close to him, I saw he was dressed in nothing but sweatpants. His charm, so intimidating, made me lose all my means again. Despite this, I forced myself to look at him. I wanted to engrave in my memory even the smallest details of his face, his gestures, each of these seconds that time would never give me back, so that this fleeting moment will be eternally etched deep within me.

"You're so beautiful," he said, contemplating me. "How can I touch you without feeling my hands shake?"

His words destabilized me.

"If it's not you, then it won't be anyone else!" I confided to him, confident.

At that moment, a luminous glare crossed his eyes. Then he came as close as possible to me, leaving me barely enough room to breathe. His lips welded to mine without restraint, almost painfully. Our breaths, more and more noisy, prevented me from thinking. My belly contracted when I felt his fingers on the top of my thighs. His body, comparable to stone, still pressed me against the glass behind me. His lips parted from mine and then went down along my neck. When his hands found the bottom of my tank top and started to slip under it, I managed to regain some of my senses.

"Faïz... Wait!" I stopped him, out of breath.

He looked at me anxious and drew back hurriedly, terrified at the idea of having hurt me.

"Is everything okay?" he hastened to ask me, worried.

Cheeks on fire, I tried as best I could to catch my breath.

"Yes, just go slowly. I never... Well—"

Relief was instantly seen on his face and his smile returned. He allowed himself to come back against me.

"I know," he whispered in my ear. "I will never force you to do something you don't want. You are free to ask me to stop whenever you want."

"I don't want you to stop. Kiss me."

He did so, pressing against me, and I immediately liquefied. His hands caressed the dip of my waist before closing forcefully on my hips. Then he delicately removed my top while not loosening his grip for a moment. The contact of his skin against mine was enough to make me lose ground. A little cry escaped from me. Everything seemed to explode inside my body. When his hands brushed against my lower abdomen, just at the edge of my shorts, he seemed to hesitate. I pulled my face back to tear myself away from our passionate kisses, and I looked into his eyes to beg him to continue. His eyes turned away from mine and he slid my shorts along my thighs, then pulled back slightly to contemplate me for a few seconds. Dressed only in my underwear, I felt embarrassed in front of him. He was still dressed. Without expecting it, Faïz effortlessly lifted me up to stick me against the glass pane behind me. I crossed my legs around his chest before he swiveled around to carry me towards the bed.