Chapter 33 The Goddess of Death

Loki's POV

Time felt like it slowed down when the grenades began going off, knocking warriors off their feet and causing so much destruction. But it felt like it froze when I saw a grenade land close to Katrina and I didn't even hesitate as I used my body to shield her from the blast. In seconds time speeds up as it goes off and I'm hit with an excruciating pain, my body feeling like it's being stabbed all over. I hit the ground, my head hitting the floor and everything goes black as I fall unconscious.

In moments I find myself opening my eyes and I'm surprised to find myself standing in a dark dimension with nothing but darkness around me. There is nothing. No light or sound or anything. It's just dark and it's like I am walking on nothing, hoovering in mid-air. This place feels familiar and I'm not sure why. But I get distracted as I can hear a voice in a distance but it's like an echo, sounding like it's coming from far away. I think it's a woman... Katrina... she must be trying to wake me up. I need to wake up but I'm not sure I can. I'm in limbo... am I dead?

"You're not dead father."

My eyes widen and I turn around to see a young woman not far from me. Her eyes are bright green, much like mine with her flowing black hair going down to her chest. She's dressed all in black, shimmers of green and gold embedded into her gown and I smile from just seeing her again. It's Hela, my fallen daughter.

"Hela." I whisper as I go over to her, "It's so good to see you."

She hugs me and I hug her back, "You too. It's been too long." She pulls away, "I have missed you father."

I smile, "I've missed you." And then I remember what she said, "What do you mean I'm not dead? This is the space in between is it not?"

She nods, "It is but you're not dead. I pulled you here, after I sensed your pain so I could heal your injuries. Katrina tried to heal you but barely started when she was interrupted."

My eyes widen in horror, "Oh god Katrina is she ok?"

She looks at me sadly, "I'm afraid not. Damian grabbed her shortly after you fell unconscious and took her through a portal to one of the moons of Jotunheim. They got her father but from what I can sense, she is ok."

I take a breath as I rub my face in frustration, my worst nightmare realised. They took her, they got Katrina and I couldn't protect her. He has her but she is ok and I know where he has taken her. I've just got to hope I will be healed soon so I can wake up and go after her. I just got to hope that they don't do anything to her.

"How long? How long before you have healed my injuries?" I ask her, keen to wake up and go after her, "I need to go after her."

She shrugs, "Any second now. You are healing quite quickly but please stop getting hurt, I can't heal your injuries all the time."

This makes me smile, "It really is so good to see you. I hope you can make it to the wedding, it would be lovely to see you in person."

"Oh definitely." She says, beaming, "Nothing is going to stop me missing your wedding day and I'm looking forward to meeting your lovely princess Katrina. I've watched you both for so long, so happy. Didn't I tell you that you could be a good man?"

This makes me chuckle, "That you did but she brought it out of me, made me see it."

She smiles, "That she did. She is remarkable woman."

"She is." I whisper, "I just hope I can get her back."

"You will." She tells me, "Just be careful. I sense more hardships ahead."

I chuckle, "Cryptic as ever."

We laugh and then I feel this sensation wash over me and I know I am about to wake up any second, feeling lighter.

"Thank you my daughter." I say with a smile, "I hope to see you soon."

She smiles, "You will now go, save my future mother."

Then I feel the sensation again and I close my eyes, letting myself get pulled with it. In moments I know I am back in my body, feeling my body shift as I stir and begin to wake. There is no pain and I think I can hear my brother close to me along with father and mother. All of them fussing about me from what I can hear and where to begin the search for Katrina. I listen in as I feel the weight lift of my eyelids and myself beginning to wake.

"How has he healed?" I hear my father inquire, "His injuries are gone."

My brother speaks, his voice closer, "I don't know. Katrina barely started healing him when Damian snatched and threw her through a portal. But somehow he has healed."

I hear mother interrupt my father before he can start, "You two need to stop bickering. Loki is fine and I'm sure he will wake up soon but you must go after Katrina. The Dark Order have her and even though we have captured most of their forces, Damian still has her. We must go after her."

Both of them sign in frustration before my brother declares, "I will go after her, for my brother."

"Not without me. "

Instantly they gasp as I open my eyes and I find myself laying on the floor. My brother is sat beside me, relieved to see I am awake with our parents standing around me. I can see the warriors dragging off Damien's men as I sit up before checking to see I am healed. My attire is badly torn but I'm ok and now I can go after her.

"Brother you scared me to death." Thor exclaims, pulling me into a hug.

I smile as I hug him back, "I'm ok brother."

He pulls away, looking at me amazed, "How are you healed? You took the full blast of that grenade and I know Katrina didn't heal you."

"It was Hela." I tell him as he helps me to my feet, "She sensed I got hurt so she pulled me into limbo so we could talk while she healed me. She told me what happened after I fell unconscious and what happened to Katrina." I look at our father, "And I know where she is. She's on one of the moons of Jotunheim and with her wearing the pendant, I can find out which one and save her."

Father nods, "Then go. The warriors have already assembled and begun going to the Bifrost, they will meet you there. Just take it easy, both of you, I cannot lose my sons."

We nod and say our farewells before I use magic to teleport us both to the Bifrost, not wanting to waste any more time as well as sort out my attire. Our friends are already there waiting for us when we arrive along with a lot of warriors who look very relieved to see us. We go inside and over to Heimdell as he activates it and it begins powering up as he looks at me.

"Loki I have located Katrina on the sixth moon of Jotunheim." He tells me, "Now go, for surprises are lying ahead, I see."

I look at him, "Surprises?"

He nods, "Go and you will find out."

Then the Bifrost portal opens and myself, Thor, Sif, The Warriors of Three and the warriors are sucked into the portal and sent straight to the moon. Silently praying that Katrina is alright and that she hasn't been harmed. I have no idea what Heimdell was going on about but I don't care as long as she is safe. If they have hurt her or done anything to her.... no, I will save her and get her back no matter what it takes.

My beloved Katrina, hold on my love, I am on my way.