Chapter 75 The King and Queen of Asgard

We reach the throne room and go inside, going up the aisle towards the thrones. Both sides of the aisle are packed with people who bow and curtsy as we go past. As we get closer, I see our friends and family in the front row all smiling at us but we turn our attention to the thrones. Odin, Frigga, and Thor are standing there. Thor with his hammer and beaming with some servants holding all the crowns and Odin's sceptre which will soon be Loki's. I notice Loki squeeze my hand tighter and I squeeze it back, smiling at him reassuringly. He smiles back and we look at Odin and Frigga as we reach the stairs to the thrones.

Me and Loki kneel before them, Loki taking off his helmet which he puts to his side as Hela and Hope kneel beside me. The room falls silent and it's actually time.

Odin then begins, "7 years ago, my son Prince Loki and his wife Princess Katrina, were cruelly separated from each other. Ripped apart before they could become the new King and Queen of Asgard, their family broken. My son vowed he would only take the throne as long as he had his Queen at his side so has spent years searching for her. And last night as we all saw, he saved her and his daughter, Princess Hope." He smiles at us, "There love has stretched between realms and even with the toughest of times, has stayed strong and true. Protecting, saving, and loving each other. And now on this day, finally, they shall both take the sacred throne from me. Become rulers of Asgard and protectors of the nice realms."

He comes down the stairs before us and he looks at Loki first. Staring at his son in pure admiration and great pride. It makes me smile as I look at Loki who is lost in this moment, surprised his wildest dreams are actually coming true.

"Loki Odinson, my second born, my adoptive son. I have not always been the father you needed and in your darkest hour, I was not there. I kept secrets from you about your true heritage and hurt you in ways I could only imagine. I let you down and I let that darkness, my secret swallow you whole. And then you fell and I wondered if the damage I had caused could be undone. But here you are now, you kneeling before me, a changed man with love in his heart and I couldn't be prouder of what you have achieved. You have become a noble prince, a saviour to some, and a friend to others. A hero and then I heard earlier today, you had become worthy of Mjolnir. And I am so proud to call you my son and Asgard's worthy king." He says, making Loki smile, "Do you, Loki Odinson, swear to guard the nine realms? Protect Asgard and its people?"

Loki nods, "I swear."

"Do you swear to preserve the peace?"

"I swear." Loki says again, with more power in his voice.

Odin smiles, "Do you swear to cast aside all selfish ambition and pledge yourself only to the good of all. Much like you have pledged yourself to your wife and your daughters?"

Loki smiles and nods, "I swear."

They both smile at each other before Odin gestures to a servant who brings over the King's crown of Asgard, Loki's crown. The same crown we wore for a bit on our wedding day and here it is again, big horns and all. He takes it out and puts it on Loki's head.

"My son, when you rise with your family, you will be the new King of Asgard. "

Loki nods, "Thank you, father."

This makes Odin smile before he moves over to me and I'm next. He stands in front of me, so happy and I can't help but smile.

He begins again, "Katrina Odinson, Princess of Marlowe and Asgard and a sister of the Starks of Earth. Upon marrying my son over 9 years ago, you accepted the responsibilities which you would inherit when you joined our family and in the future, take the throne. And since then, you have suffered great pain at the hands of another and yet you fought with such courage and bravery. Raising your daughter in captivity and even in the darkest time, looking out for Asgard. I always knew, when you first arrived here all those years ago, that you had a big heart for you saved my son. But you have opened up your heart to us, our family, our people, and have protected Asgard and our family with great valour, and with your life. It's an honour to have you here and an honour, for you to become Queen and rule by my son's side." He says, making me smile brightly, "Do you, Katrina Odinson, swear to guard the nine realms? Protect Asgard and its peoples?"