Chapter 39 Eternally In Your Debt

In seconds, the Bifrost opens and we are surrounded in bright light before being pulled into space through the portal. We travel quickly and it makes me smile when I see Loki behind me, still being held by his brother and Volstagg. I am so happy that I found him and we are all going home. So relieved he is alive and I can't believe for a moment, I nearly lost him. But he will be ok and we will be together. Thank god I got him back.

I'm still struggling to comprehend it all as we arrive at the Bifrost and Heimdell is there, smiling at us all. But we don't stop to chat and instead leave and go over to the horses waiting for us. The warriors get on and begin riding off, all of them pleased and smiling. I go with Volstagg, Thor and Loki over to the two horses which have a stretcher attached between them. They help Loki onto it, laying him down before getting on either horse while I get on the one I rode on earlier. Before we all begin riding to the palace as fast as we can so we can get him to the healers.

We go through the town quickly, people cheering that Loki has returned but we reach the palace quickly much to my relief. We get off outside the palace, servants taking our horses away as the warriors go inside while Thor and Volstagg detach the stretcher. I go with them to the healers, Loki barely awake on the stretcher as they carry him there. He keeps looking at me, smiling slightly and I smile back. To think I nearly lost him... what if I hadn't found him? He would have died down there. It makes me frown but I push those disturbing thoughts aside as we reach the healers and go inside.

We go over to the bed that I was on earlier, freshly clean and Andrea comes over with some healers. They help lift Loki onto the bed before they begin attending to him as I take a seat beside his bed while Volstagg goes to get Odin and Frigga. Thor stands beside me as we watch them attend to him, cleaning him up and giving him some drugs which put him straight to sleep. He is resting, healing and it makes me smile. At least he is ok, he is ok.

"Katrina," I look at Thor, "Thank you. Thank you for finding my brother."

I smile, "It's ok. I wanted to find him as much as you did."

He shakes his head, "If you hadn't off come with us, we would have never found him and he would have died down there. But you found him, healed him and saved him. Thank you, thank you so much."

"You're welcome."

He hugs me and I hug him back, "I can't wait for you to join my family."

This make me smile and then he pulls away before he leaves to go and sort himself out. While I let my wings out of my back, much preferring them out as it feels better. I force myself to relax in the seat, waiting for Loki to wake up as the healers leave to attend to the other warriors. I don't really want to leave him after I nearly lost him and end up memorizing his face as he sleeps. He looks so peaceful, the pain gone from his face and he has relaxed. I am relieved that he is no longer in pain and that he is ok.

Thor's thank you enters my mind as I watch him sleep and he is right. He is right. They might have not found him without me and he would have died. He would have really died, stuck down there and unable to escape. Chained up and stuck there forever. It makes my face go pale, the idea of him dying down there and it makes me cringe. I nearly lost him in the battle and then again down in that labyrinth. Thank god I found him when I did or he would have died. He would have died for real. That scares me more than anything.

I think a part of me would have died if he were really gone, if he had really died. The sheer thought of him dying when he said goodbye to me, when I saw him get hit, hurt me so much that I collapsed. It was just too much for me to cope with. The idea he was dead and it was my fault, him dying to save me. It just hurt. It hurt too much that he was dead and I had lost him forever... forever. I was so scared, not sure how I could live without him and the pain was horrible. Worse than being tortured by Damian and he hurt me badly. And even though I found him in such a bad state, I was just so relieved and happy to see him alive. I don't think I could have coped if he had really died for me. The guilt would have killed me and I would have lost him forever. The love of my life.