Chapter 26 The Dark Order

The months after that flew by and now that I am an official princess of Marlowe and now Asgard thanks to Odin. But I now have duties. Frigga has her own personal court of ladies that I have joined which means I attend all her duties with her. Visiting villages, helping her with her rounds as well as attending the council meeting. It's been a lot of fun and sometimes the meetings are boring but I enjoy hanging out with Frigga and practicing my magic. She has been teaching me as well as Loki and it's been amazing. Frigga really is gifted and I've been loving exploring this side of me, this different magical power and I love my new life. I actually like being a princess, more than I thought I would and being with Loki has made me the happiest girl alive. We are both happy and nothing, not even our demons will destroy us.

It's been over a year since I came to Asgard and we have just come back from visiting my brother and his family on Earth. We stayed there for a few days and it was so good to see them all, considering Tony is getting on and won't be alive much longer. So I enjoyed spending time with him as well as telling him finally who I am and all our happy adventures. Apart of me wanted to stay but I missed Asgard and it's my home. It's my home with Loki and where I want to spend the rest of my life with him.

Speaking of spending the rest of my life with him, I've noticed that Loki has been acting strange and I know he is keeping something from me. He has been disappearing some days and I feared for a second that our relationship was crumbling, that he didn't love me anymore. I even thought for a very scary second he was cheating on me. But I know how much he loves me and considering how inseparable we are, I knew it couldn't be something like that. So I asked Sif to keep an eye on him just in case he was in trouble or something and then she told me. She told me Loki is going to propose to me.

She caught sight of him inside a jewellery shop where she saw him creating an engagement ring from scratch with help from the shop keeper. I have never been so relieved or happy in my whole entire life. I feared something bad was going on but really Loki is going to propose to me and the fact he is making the ring, makes my heart melt. It's so sweet and I can't wait for the day he proposes to me so I can finally say yes. Say yes and be with him the rest of my life, his wife and maybe one day his Queen. A scary thought but it's so exciting and I can't wait to say yes and be with him forever, the love of my life.

Loki has asked me to meet him in the library after he has finished talking with his father so I got here hours early as I think I know why. He is going to propose to me. He said he has a surprise for me and I'm guessing the ring is ready and its finally time. He's going to ask me to marry him and I can't wait to say yes and be his fiancée and future wife. To be with him forever and I'm so excited that I have found it impossible to stay seated in the library, jumping up and down with excitement. The idea I will be his wife, his girl forever and just the notion makes me so happy. I am dying for him to ask and to think soon he will.

I take a breath, trying to control my excitement and my nerves as I try to focus on the book I have been partially reading for the past hour. It's been hard to focus on as I have been thinking about Loki and his 'surprise'. So I just give up, getting up and putting the book back on the shelve. I'm about to look for another one when I feel a dark presence and I feel myself shiver. Something is wrong.

I turn around and my eyes widen in shock when I see a black earie portal has opened up in the middle of the library, blocking off my only escape out of here. As it's in between me and the library doors. I'm trapped and I need to get out of here as I doubt whoever is coming through, is friendly.

I'm about to try and run upstairs, hoping to hide from whoever is coming through when a load of men come through. All are dressed in black, wearing armour and have a range of weapons. But the one in front of them is different to the others as he isn't wearing the same clothing and has a defining scar on his face. Creepy.