Altering

Moros' POV

I took in a deep breath as I looked up at the soaring gate in depths of Tartarus. He is sealed but somehow, I can still feel his aura inside. I can feel a thick air coming from inside the gate, closed, but the aura to his immense power still lingers around the air coming. I put out my palm facing the gate, pushing slightly as it made a sound throughout the depths and sending small quakes due to its heft.

I stepped inside to see nothing but pitch black; I walked in, scouring my eyes around the place. I found him, sitting on his knees; head is looking down with both wrists tied in chains. His wings are a mess, feathers scattered around him, leaving nothing to little on his wings. "Hey, big bro. What're you doing down here?" I saw him lifting his head to see me, and a smirk curving on his face while he chuckled.

"The deaths are waiting for you. They're desperately waiting for a merciful reaper like you." He chuckled again, this time, his smirk turned into a small grin. "Well, I can't really do anything, can I?" He showed me his tied wrist as I let out a small sigh and folding my arms together. "Yeah, but I heard from Nemesis someone- no- a group is visiting our realm right now." His eyes bulged surprised; however, the expression doesn't seem like he's happy about it.

"Are they?" He asked, sounded like he's hasting up the conversation. I nodded at his small question, and "Shi- you need to stop them. Please, it's not necessary." His face turned, looking like he was trying to beg for me to stop them.

[...]

Chaeyoung's POV

"Chaeyoungie, hajima." I felt my wrist was gripped, and when I look over to it, Dahyun unnie was holding it. "Just let me do it." I vigorously waved my head as I saw her glimmering in tears. "Anniyo, unnie. If you do it, you won't have the chance to live happily with him." Dahyun unnie didn't listen, instead she pulled me into her arms, hugging me tightly. "I'm going to wait here for you girls. Take all the time that you need. It's much safer here." I heard Nemesis said while still, hugged by Dahyun unnie.

She pulled away from the hug, still cupping my shoulders as I saw her smiling with tears going down her eyes. "Would you please tell him—" I paused, swallowing my own fear of death itself. "Would you please tell him that I love him too?" She nodded weakly with her face showing that she's holding her sadness back. I turned around to face the other members, some were crying silently, and some were sobbing quite loudly.

"Chaeyoung-ah~" I heard Tzuyu calling for me. "I'm going to miss you." She said while the others nodded together. "Anni, we are all going to miss you." Sana unnie said, "and onces too." Nayeon unnie jumped in, "now, nobody's ever going to laugh at my joke anymore." Jeongyeon unnie came in too. "Come on, girls. You don't have to make it very sad like this." I used a hand to wipe my tears off my eye, and I looked back towards Dahyun unnie and hugged her one last time.

I stepped up, closing the distance between me and Aphrodite as I saw her warming smile at me, reassuring me of my own choice. "You're such a noble human. I applaud for what you're doing." Aphrodite put her graceful hand on my shoulder, and said "don't worry, it won't hurt a bit." I listened and nodded as she used her hands to cup my right hand, and slowly my knees become weak.

[...]

Dahyun's POV

"Don't worry, it won't hurt a bit." Aphrodite put her hand to cup Chaeyoung's hand, and soon, we saw her knees weak and eyes rolling back to her head. Her soul left her body even though we don't know that for sure, but we saw an orb coming out of her, and now, her body is laying lifeless on the black marbled floors.