Back To Normal

Your POV

I was reviewing reports on our company's sales this year when I heard a knock on my door. "Ne, come in." I put the paper on my desk as I turned my head towards the opening door, "Ji ah-ssi..." I stood up from my chair, and "you did well on directing and managing the company while I was away." I walked over to her, patting her shoulder, and she coughed. "How are things with you and Dahyun, Daehwi-ssi?"

"Uhm... Things are going well? Why do you ask?" I turned around to look at her putting a small smirk. "Oh- jeonhyeo... I thought you were planning to marry her." Hearing her words, I was startled. "Wah... You've become very bold when talking to me, Ji ah-ssi." I chuckled while she laughed at my comments. "You were the one that asked me to speak casually." Her smirk went wider.

"I guess you're right." I sighed, and "by the way, Daehwi-ssi." I hummed, "why did you—" My smile stopped her mid-sentence. "Why did I take her memories?" I continued what she was going to ask me, and she nodded. "I—just don't want her to be hurt when she sees me tied down on Tartarus." I put on a sly smile while she only listened and didn't banter me back.

"You get it, do you?" She nodded at my question. "Anyway, do I have any meetings this evening, Ji ah-ssi?" She's waving her head. "Geogjeong mal-ayo... I've taken care all of it." She smiled at me while I nodded back. "I know you have other things to do, Daehwi-ssi." I nodded again, and suddenly I felt someone's at the brink of their death. "I'll have to go now." She nodded and immediately, I appeared inside a bedroom with rope hanging on the ceiling.

I saw a young man climbing up a chair as I folded my arms. "What are you doing?" My words startled him. "WHO THE HECK ARE YOU?!" He shouted. "Calm down, scrawny guy. I'm not a kidnapper or anything. But I must say, committing suicide is such a dumb idea." I started to pace in front of this guy. "You see. You're currently 20 years old. You still ha—"

"WHO ARE YOU?! HOW THE HECK DID YOU KNOW MY AGE?!" He became even more alerted with what I just said. "Anyway, you still have a long way to go. Do you really want to do this?" I asked the man as he trembles at the sight of me, pacing in front of him. He didn't move an inch as I saw his eyes are following me, going back and forth.

"Byeon Myung, recently admitted at a famous university. Do you really want to end your life just like that?" I pointed at the hanging rope which he's still gripping onto. "Life is hard. We all know that. However, suicide isn't the answer to solve your problems." I swung my arm at the rope, cutting it. "What do you need? Tell me."

"Money? Because you couldn't pay off your student tuition?" I snapped my fingers, appearing a bag of cash just enough for him to pay his tuition. "What else?" He stepped off the chair and slowly walked to sit at the edge of his bed. "Abeoji... He's at the hospital and I couldn't pay off his hospital bills." He fisted a hand of his hair, and "they said if I couldn't pay it, they will take everything away from me. My studies; my father, everything." I can sense the frustration in his words, and I snapped my fingers again a few more times. "Take all this money and pay off that bill." I walked over to the bags of cash to bring it to him. "Here, just don't waste your life on something stupid like suicide."