•Twenty-Five•

I walked in the house and Malcolm had his suitcase in the middle of the floor in the living room.

"What's going on?" I questioned as he was coming downstairs with clothes folded up in his arms.

"I gotta fly out to Harling tonight." He answered.

"For how long?" I folded my arms leaning on the archway to the living room.

"A week, but I swear it's gonna fly by." He put his arm around my neck.

"A week?! Where am I gonna go?" I frowned.

"Your gonna stay here while me and King handle business up there. Junior gonna have twenty four hour surveillance over the house and your school so you should be safe. Imma leave my car here so you can get to and from school but don't be having all yo lil friends in my shit." Malcolm handed me his car keys.

Having the house to myself and having Malcolm's car was gonna be great, but it still meant he was going off somewhere and could potentially get killed.

"Kai, you got that look on your face what you thinking?" Malcolm surveyed my face seriously.

"I just don't want you to go and get hurt up there, I don't know what I would do if something bad happened to you and I wasn't there to save you." 

"Look, its only a week and we not gonna be doing business the whole week. We just going up there to settle some new territory Junior got and boom we back home safe and sound. Plus, I got King coming wit me and he got my back over anything, right?" He reassured me.

"I guess. You better come back safe and sound, not a hair on your head out of place." I hugged him.

"I will. And my house and car better be safe and sound with no hair out of place." He thumped my forehead.

"Alright I'mma take a shower and then we can chill for the day. Where you wanna go?" He asked heading toward the stairs.

"Ohhh let's go to the carnival in Bay side." I squealed.

"Alright, get dressed and I'll meet you back down here." He shook his head.

I went upstairs and texted King that we were going to the carnival and he said he would slide through. I couldn't stop the smile that spread across my face.

I took a quick shower and then looked through my closet to find something to wear.

After I put my clothes on I went downstairs. Malcolm and King were sitting on the couch.

"Bout time! Ayo King finna roll wit us to the carnival that's straight?" Malcolm asked getting up.

"Yeah I'on care. "I shrugged.

On the inside I was leaping for joy no cap.

"Bet that up, alright let's go." I turned around and headed toward the front door.