33 <3

edited <3

baby its cold outside - idina menzel & michael bublé (start listening when there's a *)

      It was the night of Christmas. Presents have already been opened, dinner already eaten, and family cards already read. The clock on the side next to me read eight pm, it wasn't even that late but yet the house ran quiet like it has been for the past couple weeks I've been here. The parents were gone, each for their different reason and my sister was over at her boyfriends. Leaving Pete and I completely bored out of our minds.

      Pete's phone chimes next to our bare bodies in bed, he reaches over me and grabs the glowing screen. His eyes scan the screen as he lets out a sigh at the message he reads. He turns towards me as a small grin appears on his face

      "Do you want to go a holiday party with me tonight?" He whispers out in the cold air.

      "What? Tonight?" I scrunch my eyebrows and give him a weird look. It was already late, why would he just now suggest this?

      "Yes. It's a dressy holiday party and I have to do some business work there." He sits up causing the blanket to fall off his tattooed chest. I let out a sigh and swiftly get out the bed grabbing his shirt and putting it on my body.

      "I guess, but I have to get ready." Turning back to him he wasn't even listening but too busy on his phone. Rolling my eyes I go to my closet and shift through all the clothes. "Pete, what exactly is the dress code?"

      His head lifts as he runs a hand through his hair, "Um, just wear a semi-formal dress." I roll my eyes turning away from him, formal could mean anything! My hands graze over the abundance of dresses I've had since I moved away that I never got to wear. The palm of my hand rests over one particular dress though.

      It was a dress that Ria had made their first semester at fashion school, and they had sent it back home to me

      It was a dress that Ria had made their first semester at fashion school, and they had sent it back home to me. I pull it out of the closet and observe the beauty of it. It was a corset style dress with lace hemming the neckline along with loose ruffles stopping above the knee. A loose silver chain hung around the waist of it squinching it.

      Pete was finally getting dressed now, pulling out slacks and a black button up out of his suitcase. Did he seriously come prepared for this and not tell me? His shirt pools to the floor as I strip it off and slip the dress on with the chain in my hand. The back was left open waiting to be tied up as I turn towards the only other person in the room.

      "Can you help?" I ask holding the dress up by the front. He strides over and quickly starts lacing up the back with his large hands. The corset squishes against my body once he's finished causing him to laugh at me.

     "Dude, you look like fucking madonna." He coughs out through his laughter. I roll my eyes at him and throw a glare his way.

      "It's the only dress I have! Since someone didn't tell me." I mumble out tying the chain around my waist and grabbing random bits of jewelry off of my desk. My face had a bit of makeup still on from earlier in the day but I still do a bit of touch up so it'd look better with the new change of outfit.