Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Death

Happy 400 reads!
-Wildflower

Previously.................

When I got up to the surface the bubble surrounding my head was gone and Draco was gasping for breath. I helped him to the stands. Where they wrapped him in a towel and made sure he was okay. Harry had saved Fleur's sister as well. While I was the second one out of the water.

The finale points were of the second task were:

Viktor- 35

Fleur- 25

Cedric- 47

Harry- 45

Aria- 40

So all together the points were:

Viktor- 75

Fleur- 55

Cedric- 85

Harry- 85

Aria- 75

Leaving Cedric and Harry in a tie and Viktor and I in a tie as well.

Now..................

That night Draco invited me into the Slytherin common room so we can hang out together. I also just wanted to make sure he was okay after the second task. The other Slytherins weren't really okay with it but they didn't necessarily have a say in it. I was cuddled into his side as we laid/sat on the couch of their common room. The Slytherins that saw me, some gave me a dirty look and some congratulated me on second place. Not all Slytherins were the same, the biggest dirty look I got was from Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle. Now I have a month to prepare for the final task. "I wonder what the final task will be." Draco sighed as messed with my hair.

"You and me both, Dray." I nodded. "I just have a bad feeling about it, I really do." I looked at him, "Whenever I think about it my scar starts aching."

"Scar?" He questioned.

"The one on my shoulder. I had it all my life. It's identical to Harry's." I told him.

"I wonder if it's from you-know-who." He wondered, it wasn't a question though, it was more of a statement.

"It wouldn't surprise me if it was." I admitted. "Especially if we got it at the same time."

The month passed by quickly, I was worried; so were all of the champions. Remus was equally as nervous as I was. I was happy that he and Sirius were able to come to the third task.

The crowd was cheering on whoever they were supporting when we came onto the field. The Gryffindor house was split into three, one part supporting me, one part supporting Harry and the other part supporting both of us. Then the other houses were split on who to support. The band was playing an dHarry and I were the last ones out. Dumbledore quickly silenced the crowd. "Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the Triwizard cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr. Diggory, and Mr. Potter tied for first position, they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr Krum and Miss. Potter and then Miss. Delacour. First person to touch the cup will be the winner. Should at any point a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only send up red sparks with their wand." Then he turned to us, stepping down from the podium. "Contestants, gather around. Quickly." So we quickly gathered around him and he lowered his voice so only we would hear. "In the maze, you'll find no dragons or creatures of the deep, instead you'll face something more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh, find the cup if you can but be very wary, you could just lose yourselves along the way." Then we dispaned and he announced, "Champions, prepare yourselves!" Cedric's dad wished him good luck and as did Sirius with Harry. Remus patted me on the shoulder and gave me a solemn look.