Chapter Sixty-Nine: Sacrifice

Previously.......

"You two need to look inside him." Ron said and we looked at him, "Find out where he is. If we find him, we find the snake. Then we're one step closer to ending this." Harry and I looked at each other. I sighed and we both closed our eyes at first there was nothing but then there was something.

It was the boat house at Hogwarts, Voldemort swept forward with Nagini slithering towards his feet, Lucius Malfoy looked up. Lucius eyed Nagini carefully as if he was scared. "Stop looking at her. She smells your fear. It agitates her. Be grateful she's just eaten." Voldemort told him.

"Forgive me, my Lord, but wouldn't it be more prudent to call off this battle and seek the twins yourself?" He questioned.

"I do not need to seek the twins! Before the night is out, at least one of them will come to me! Do you understand!?" The Dark Lord yelled at him.

"Of c-course, my Lord." Lucius stuttered, trembling.

"How do you live with yourself, Lucius?" Voldemort eyed him with disgust, "Go. Find Severus. Tell him I need to see him immediately."

Then we were back to where we were at, in front of the Room of Requirement. "We know where he is." Harry said for the both of us.

Now...............

We ran towards the boat shed, casting spells at Deatheaters, going through the courtyard, seeing our students and staff trade spells with Death Eaters. I saw Draco in a battle with a death eater before he took out the Death Eater. We ran through madness as we saw some classmates dead, like Lavender Brown. Fenrir Greyback's lips were glistening with blood, eyeing us. Then there was a spell that came from nowhere, killing Greyback. I looked at the origin of the spell and it was Remus. "You turned me you bastard, I wasn't going to let you touch my family." He hissed at his dead body.

"Thanks Remus." I looked at him.

"He had it coming." He shrugged, "Now go." Then we raced away from the burning castle. Then there was a shock wave from a giant crossing the bridge when it saw us swing it's club at us but we were able to avoid it. We raced down to the boat house, when we arrived we peered through a window.

"Why doesn't it work for me?" Voldemort asked Snape, extending the Elder Wand.

"You have performed extraordinary magic with this wand, my Lord. In the last few hours alone-" Snape began before being cut off by Voldemort.

"No! I am extraordinary! But the wand resists me!" The Dark Lord told the ex-professor now Headmaster.

"There is no wand more powerful. Ollivander himself said it. Tonight, when one of the twins comes to you, it will not fail you, I am sure. It answers to you and you only." Snape reassured him.

"Does it?" He second guessed.

"My Lord?" Snape questioned wearily.

"The wand. Does it truly answer to me?" He wondered, Snape said nothing. "You're a clever man, Severus. Surely you must know." Nagini slithered slowly over the floor. "Where, Severus? Where does its loyalty lie?"

"With you, of course, my Lord." Snape told him. Voldemort stared at him for a long time before saying anything.

"The Elder Wand cannot serve me properly, Severus, because I am not its true master. The Elder Wand belongs to the wizard who killed its last owner. Ollivander was quite explicit about that. You killed Dumbledore, Severus. While you live, the Elder Wand cannot be truly mine." Voldemort told Snape as Nagini started circling his legs.

"My Lord-" Snape was cut off once more.

"You have been a good and faithful servant, Severus." Voldemort sighed, pointed his wand at Snape's throat, "But only I can live forever..." Ge then swept his arm away and pointed at Nagini, "Kill." The snake striked Snape and Harry's scream was swallowed by Snape's own scream. "Nagini! Come!" The snake and it's master left the boat house. Harry rushed into the boat house, with the three of us on his heels. We all stopped, shocked at the scene. Snape's blood ran down his neck. Harry kneeled by him, laying his fingers against the wound, trying to stop the bleeding. Snape's eyes shift to my brother and then to me and he starts crying.