Chapter One: The Letter From The Hover Momster

Previously.............

"Aria West." She says and I go up, notice the greasy goth Professor is looking at me like he's seen a ghost, while Dumbledore stares at me intently and then sits on the stool.

"Gryffindor!"

Now....................

I got up from the stool and went and sat next to Hermione. We were both happy we were in the same house, and I happened to be in the same house as Fred and George too. "Harry Potter." She called his name and everyone watched this intensely as he sat on the stool and she placed the sorting hat on his head.

"Hmm...difficult, very difficult. Plenty of courage I see, not a bad mind, either. There's talent, oh yes, and a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you?" The sorting hat begins, "Not Slytherin, eh? Are you sure? You could be great, you know. It's all here in your head. And Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness! There's no doubt about that. No? Well, if you're sure... better be... GRYFFINDOR!!" Our table exploded with cheers. Soon after the rest of the first years were sorted into their houses, McGonagall dings her cup, getting everyone's attention.

"Your attention, please." She said. Dumbledore then stood up.

"Let the feast...begin." Dumbledore said and then food magically appeared on the table. We all then started loading our plates, ready to eat. Hermoine and I talked while we were eating, excited about the fact we were going to be roommates. I looked up for a moment and Draco and I made eye contact but I was the one to break it because Hermione needed my attention. There was something behind his eyes that I couldn't make out. I didn't know what it was but it was something.

After the feast we followed our Head Boy, Percy Weasley, to the common room. On the way up to the tower we saw many moving paintings. Percy stopped at a painting of a bigger Opera singer. "Password?"

"Caput Draconis." He told her and I noted it in the back of my mind for later. The painting opened up, letting us into the common room. "Follow me, everyone. Keep up, quickly, come on." We walked into the common room and it was just so cozy and warm. "Gather 'round here. Welcome to the Gryffindor Common Room. Boy's dormitories, upstairs and down to your left. Girls, the same on your right. You'll find that your belongings have already been brought up." I went up to my dorm with Hermione and we all went to bed. I fell asleep with Moe in my arms, thinking about Draco.

The next morning, Hermione and I woke up early so we could eat and get to Transfiguration early. Harry and Ron, however, were late. McGonagall was in her animagus form as a Tabby cat on her desk. When Harry and Ron rush in, Hermione rolls her eyes. "Really, late on the first day?" She remarks to me.

"Whew, we made it. Can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late?" Ron commented. Then McGonagall jumped off of her desk transforming into her human form. "That was bloody brilliant."

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket watch, that way one of you might be on time." She threatened them.

"We got lost." Harry told her.

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats." She told them. After Transfiguration was Potions with Snape. I sat next to Hermione and Harry sat on the other side of her. I could tell there was a pair of eyes staring in the back of my head before I could turn around to see who it was Professor Snape walked through the door.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few..." Snape began, "who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper on death. Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not...pay...attention." I looked over at Harry who was writing on parchment.