Chapter Fifty: The Crystal Cave

So I accidentally forgot to update yesterday. So as an apology I'm going to double update today.
-Wildflower

Previously................

"Harry and I's connection to Voldemort isn't a random thing, is it?" I wondered. "That night that he killed our mother he left something, a part of him, didn't he?"

"I didn't know it until now, Aria." Dumbledore informed me.

"So that's what my prophecy meant." I sighed and he looked at me, "'For if the Dark Lord loses one twin must die while the other survives, vanquishing the Dark Lord. For neither can live while the other survives.'"

"How long has this been bothering you, Aria?"

"Since I heard it." I told him, "I haven't told Remus or Sirius because I know if I told them Harry and I would both be sidelined from the fight. Can he make a Horcrux out of two people?"

"I don't know, Aria but these are hard times. Anything could be possible." He told me. With that I rolled my eyes and left, knowing he wouldn't want Harry to know about this.

Next.......................

The next morning I had met up with Draco after unwillingly crying last night. Leaving Draco concerned. "What happened?" He wondered, very concerned about me.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said trying to play it off.

"Your eyes are red, you've been crying. Why?" He asked, with a slight demanding tone. I then sighed before taking him to a place where we could talk alone, to be specific it was the library, since it was early in the morning no one would be in there but in the Great Hall, eating breakfast. "So?"

"You were there when I found out the prophecy, either Harry or I have to die to defeat Voldemort." I sighed, "Last night, I found out why." So then I explained it to him, about Harry and I being a Horcrux.

"So one of you has to die, so the other one is able to defeat Voldemort?" He wondered.

"Yes." I sighed.

"There has to be another way." He told me.

"There isn't, Dray. Harry or I will not survive this." I sighed.

"Does Harry know?" He questioned.

"Not yet." I looked at him. "I'm going to tell him during the summer, Remus and Sirius too. Later tonight I have to go to the Astronomy Tower, we are going to get a Horcrux tonight."

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked, concerned.

"I need to, if we have a chance to defeat him, we need to take it." I told him.

"Even if it results in one of your deaths?" he wondered.

"One life for the whole wizarding world, and not even just them, the whole world, Dray. It's something we have to do." I sighed.

"I wish it wasn't."

"I know. I wish we didn't have to either." I said with tears in my eyes before Draco embraced me. We both knew what was coming was going to be hard, it may even put a strain on our relationship.

"No matter what, Aria, we will be in this together." Dray whispered to me with his lips on my ear.

"Together." I repeated in a mumble. With that I wondered if I was going to survive, give Harry a real chance to have a good life or was I going to survive, living the rest of my day with the person I love the most.

I don't think it's going to be me who survives and even though what Draco and I have is special, is rare and could be only found once in a lifetime, I can't let my brother die.