Chapter Sixty-Five: The Break-In

Happy father's day.
-Wildflower

Previously....

"Well, how do I look?" Hermione questioned.

"Hideous." Ron told her.

"Oh dear, I missed a spot, didn't I? Hold still..." She sighed, Harry and I shared a knowing look as Hermione fixed his disguise.

"Couldn't do anything about that bit in the back that's always flipping up, could you? Dead annoying-" Ron began but Hermione cut him off with Bellatrix's glare. "Never mind. I'm good." Ron looked at her wearily, "That is you in there, isn't it?" My eyes drifted to Griphook who had the Sword of Gryffindor in his hands. I saw my brother had the same thought.

"You can give that to Hermione to hold, all right, Griphook?" Harry suggested. Hermione extended her beaded bag, opening so he could drop it in. Griphook hesitated, contemplating it.

"If you don't the deal is off and you can just stay here and I will force the sword from you." I threatened. He sighed before dropping the sword in Hermione's bag. Then we all joined hands, transporting to Diagon Alley.

Next............

As we appeared everyone but 'Bellatrix' fell into the shadows. "Madam Lestrange." The passing warlock said to Hermione.

"Good morning." Hermione said cheerily and my eyes widened. The warlock looked at her curiously.

"Good morning? Good morning? You're Bellatrix Lestrange, not some dewy-eyed schoolgirl!" Griphook lectured before turning to me, "You should have done it. You the right amount of..."

"Attitude?" I suggested.

"Yeah... that." Griphook nodded.

"Hey, easy." Ron told him.

"She gives us away and we might as well use that sword to slit our own throats. Understand?" The goblin told him.

"He's right. I was being stupid." 'Bellatrix' sighed. Harry then pulled the invisibility cloak out of his coat.

"C'mon. Let's do it." Harry nodded. When we made our way into Gringotts, we were nervous as we walked in. We got to the end of the banking hall and an aged goblin was perched on a counter, looking down on all of us.

"Identification." The goblin demanded.

"I hardly think that will be necessary." 'Bellatrix' sassed.

"Madam Lestrange! Dear me! How may I help you today?" The goblin questioned.

"I wish to enter my vault." She demanded.

"I see. Very well. Excuse me, won't you?" The goblin excused himself. He slipped off his stool to consult with another goblin.

"I don't like to be kept waiting." She commented, impatiently. It wasn't long after those words that we realized they were suspecting something.

"They know!" Griphook hissed in a whisper.

"What do you mean?" Ron whispered.

"They know she's an imposter! They've been warned!" The goblin whispered before the two goblins returned.

"Madam Lestrange. Would you mind presenting your wand?" Bogrod, the eldest goblin, requested.

"And why should I do that?" She wondered. Ron was panicking but Harry, Griphook and I started moving as Bogrod and 'Bellatrix' talked. We went behind Bogrod and Harry pointed his wand at him, casting Imperio.

"Very well, Madam Lestrange. If you will follow me." Bogrod said under the influence of the spell.

"But... Bogrod, there have been special instructions regarding the Lestrange vault." The first goblin protested.