Chapter Seventy: Mum?

Previously.......

Harry was going to go look at Snape's memory but I refused to because I was going to sneak away from everyone. I used the excuse that I was going to check on my brother. It was a lie but it was a necessary lie. He only needed one of us in retrospect. So with that I went into the Forbidden Forest.

When I reached the forest line, I had hesitation but I knew I had to do it as I thought back to Dumbledore and Alicia's final letters to me. I was the one who had to sacrifice herself. I pulled Dumbledore's letter out of my pocket and read it one last time.

You know what you have to do

A tear fell from my face as I looked back to the burning castle and I dropped the note on the ground and continued forward into the forest.

.....................

It was then I pulled my head from the pensive, I had seen all that I needed to and I rushed back down to the Great Hall. Hermione, Ron, and Draco surround me. "Where have you been? Where's Aria?" Hermione asked.

"What do you mean, 'Where's Aria?'" I asked.

"She said she was going to check on you, mate." Draco told me and my eyes widened with realization but that's when I felt it. I felt cold and then there was a short agonizing pain.. Something was wrong with Aria.

"Something's wrong with Aria." I stated, concerned.

"You'll want to see this!!" We heard Seamus shout from the window. I ran to it and it was an army approaching. So we all ran out of the castle and I couldn't believe what I saw.

Aria was dead.

Now...............

Aria's POV.....

(When she goes into the Forbidden Forest)

Dear Draco,

If you're reading this I'm probably dead. You and the Golden Trio were wondering what was in the letter my mother left me, well here it is. The letter that convinced me to sacrifice myself for the whole wizarding world.

When I walked into the Forbidden Forest, it was what I expected, Voldemort surrounded by a bunch of his minions. "Aria! ye shouldn't be here!" Hagrid yelled at me.

"Quiet!" Yaxley yelled at him. I saw the look of confusion on Voldemort's face.

"Aria Potter... Where is your brother? I wanted you both here." Voldemort told me.

"Nobody knows I'm here." I admitted with a sigh, "Not even Harry but I know you only need one of us."

"You're correct." He looked at me, "But I would've preferred both."

"Well, you're not going to get both of us because Harry is not going to come. He couldn't even if he wanted to." I informed them so they would wait here for my brother, even if it was a complete lie.

"I believe you, Westie." Voldemort called me and I cringed at it. "Avada Kedavra." Then there was nothing.

Alicia wanted me to forgive her, you know better than anyone that would never happen but I guess really in the end it did. I wouldn't be who I am today without her, was she the hover momtser, yes, but putting things in perspective, I guess things could've turned out a lot worse.

When I woke I was in a familiar place but it was pure white. Was this the after life? Was I dead? There was a shriveled up body under a bench as I got up, I was confused. "Don't worry about him. He's dead." I heard a familiar voice and I looked up.