Chapter Forty: The Department Of Mysteries

Previously..............................

After a wardrobe change we were on our way to Umbridge's office. When we walked up the stairs we realized we couldn't get in because she has an anti-magic charm on her door. "We are screwed, Sirius is screwed." Harry rambled.

"No he isn't, Harry. Calm down. We just have to do this without magic." I shrugged, "And I happen to know how to pick a lock. Thank you Alicia for getting locked out of the house too many times and forgetting her wand. Hermione, can I have a bobby pin?" She pulled one from her hair and I pulled one from my hair and squatted down and got to work on the lock. "I find it funny. I scared her so much she put an anti-magic charm on her door. Nice try, Umbitch, not even that can keep me out." I smirked before opening the door.

"Merlin's Beard." Draco smirked at me with a hint of pride. "I love you, you know that right?"

"I love you too, Dray." I smiled back at him. Then we all walked in. "Come one we don't have long. One of the cats probably already left to alert her."

"So you definitely did that prank on her." Ron smirked.

"Me? No, impossible!" I denied.

"Alert the Order if you can." Harry said.

"Are you mental? We're going with you." Ron told him.

"I had the visions too. Therefore I'm going with you." I finalized.

"It's too dangerous." Harry said.

"Fuck that." I rolled my eyes, "Now are we going or not?"

"When are you going to get it into your head? We're doing this together." Hermione said.

"That you are." Umbitch said, "Now how did you get by the anti-magic charm?"

"It was simple, really." I smirked, "A simple lock pick. You really can't keep me out of anything." She glared at me with burning hatred and I smiled at it.

"I really did expect better of you Mr. Malfoy but then again you are dating this... ruffian." Umbridge said to him.

Now............................

Pansy then came into the office holding Neville at Wand point. "Caught this one trying to help the Weasley girl." Pansy told her. All of us were at wand point as Umbridge had both Harry and I in a chair, looking at us.

"You were going to Dumbledore, weren't you?" She questioned.

"I don't even like that bastard." I rolled my eyes.

"No." Harry answered at the same time.

"Liars." Umbridge accused before she slapped me and then my brother.

"You sent for me, headmistress?" Snape questioned coming into the room.

"Snape, yes." Umbitch said. "The time has come for answers, whether he wants to give them to me or not. Have you brought the veritaserum?"

"So it was a good thing I didn't drink that tea, huh." I smirked and she slapped me.

"I'm afraid you've used up all my stores interrogating students." Snape told her. "The last of it on Miss. Chang. Unless you wish to poison them, and I assure you, I would have the greatest sympathy if you did, I cannot help you." Then he left.

"He's got Padfoot." Harry said. "He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden."

"Padfoot? What if Padfoot? Where, what is hidden? What is he talking about, Snape?" Umbitch demanded.

"No idea." He said, acting clueless.

"Very well." Umbitch said darkly, "You give me no choice, you two." She turned around to her desk and put her photo of Fudge face down. "As this is an issue of Ministry security you two leave me with no alternative. The Cruciatus Curse ought to loosen your tongue."