Chapter Thirteen: Separated

Dear Readers,
As an American,  I would like to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving but  also I would like to request this one thing.  Use this day to not only to look back about what you are grateful for but to reflect on what this day means to the Native Americans. The blood shed and the everything we have are are still doing to them as country, The United States, so as we eat our food today and spend time with our loved ones (virtually or not), I am asking you to reflect, I am asking you to think about this whole other culture that had the right to this land before we ever touched it, that is my only request.
Thank you,
Wildflower.

Previously............................

"You're the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher! You can't go now!" Ron yelled at him.

"I must say, when I took the job, nothing in the job description --" Lockhart began.

"You're running away? After all that stuff you did in your books?" Harry questioned.

"Books can be misleading." The coward shrugged.

"You wrote them!" He yelled at him.

"That's because he's a fraud, Harry. He always has been." I told him.

"She's right. My dear boy, do use your common sense. My books wouldn't have sold half as well if people didn't think I'd done all those things. No one wants to read about some ugly old Armenian warlock, even if he did save a village from werewolves. He'd look dreadful on the front cover. No dress sense at all..." Lockhart told them.

"You're a fraud! You've just been taking credit for what a load of other wizards have done!" Harry yelled at him.

"Harry, Harry, Harry. There was work involved. I had to track these people down and ask them exactly how they managed to do what they did. No, it's not all book signings and publicity photos. You want fame, you have to be prepared for a long, hard slog." He explained.

"Is there anything you can do?" Ron asked.

"Yes, now that you mention it. I'm rather gifted with Memory Charms. Otherwise, you see, all those wizards would've gone blabbing and I'd never have sold another book.I'm afraid I'll have to do the same to you three, lest you do the same." He said before lifting his wand to Harry but both Harry and I had our wands out first. Harry casted expelliarmus, and Lockhart was on the ground.

"Looks like those Dueling Lessons came in handy after all, Professor." Harry smirked.

"Now, you are going to show us the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets." I told him.

Now................................

Girl's Bathroom.................

Lockhart walks ahead of us as we walk into the bathroom. We all point our wands at him. Moaning Myrtle floats above us. "Who's there?" She questions then seeing Harry and smiles, "Hello, Harry. What do you want?"

"To ask you how you died." He stated and she was flattered.

"Oooooh, it was dreadful. It happened right here. In this very cubicle. I'd hidden because Olive Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. I was crying, and then I heard somebody come in." She explained.

"Who was it, Myrtle?" He asked.

"I don't know! I was distraught! But they said something funny. A kind of made-up language. And I realized it was a boy speaking. So I unlocked the door, to tell him to go away, and... I died." She told us.

"Just like that? How?" He asked.

"No idea. I just remember seeing a pair of great big yellow eyes. Over there..." She said, pointing at the sinks. The three of us hurry over looking for something, anything that leads to the Chamber of Secrets.