Chapter Forty-Four: Thrown Into a Memory

Previously................

"So. This is what I offer each of you today. One tiny vial of liquid luck... to the student who, in the hour that remains, manages to brew an acceptable Draught of Living Death, the recipe for which can be found on page ten of your textbook. You should know that in all the years of my previous tenure at Hogwarts, not once did a student brew a potion of sufficient quality to claim this prize. In any event - good luck."

So then we got to work. I happened to be across from Hermione, Professor Slughorn separated the Gryffindors and the Slytherins but that didn't stop Draco from making eyes at me.

Everyone was having issues with their potion even if they followed it exactly to the recipe, everyone except for my brother who had a rickety old book with notes going down the sides of it.

When I brewed mine, it didn't work, it failed. It melted through the cauldron. I had followed the recipe, exactly, except for one step. I crushed then cut the Sopophorous bean because it was impossible to cut, so I said screw it.

In the end, it was my brother who was the winner of the Liquid Luck. SLughorn dropped a leaf in Harry's potion and it died, "Merlin's Beard! It's perfect. So perfect I daresay one sip would kill us all!" He praised my brother.

Now........................

I walked with Draco, who had a hold on my hand. It was supposed to be lunchtime but neither of us were hungry. "I've been meaning to ask, when he opened the lid of Amortentia, what did you smell?" Draco asked me. A faint blush covered my cheeks.

"Your cologne." I mumbled before asking in a normal voice, "What about you? What did you smell in the caldron of Amortentia?" he looked away from me for a minute as he smiled.

"You." He told me, then looking back at me. "I haven't been able to keep my mind off of you since I got a whiff of that stuff." Then I kissed him in the middle of Hogwarts. It was an intense kiss, probably more intense than our first kiss even. The best thing is I don't regret it for a second.

"Good, because you are not the only one." I admitted to him. He grabbed my hand.

"Come on." He smirked and I knew what he was implying and I was perfectly okay with it. We walked together to the broom closet we got caught in last year and slipped inside of it, him pushing me inside with a kiss, closing the door behind us. His hands traveled up and down my waist and mine traveled up and down his chest and it didn't take long for things to get heated between us. Hands were slipping under clothes, not for the first time either.

McGonagall's POV...............

I walked past a broom closet, heading to my office, when I heard giggling. I rolled my eyes opening the door. Then seeing Draco Malfoy and Aria Potter in a compromising position. "Hello Professor." Aria awkwardly smiled at me.

"Miss. Potter, Mr. Malfoy. I don't even want to know. I will be taking 50 points from Gryffindor and 50 points from Slytherin for this and you both will be having detention." I told the couple. "Now, get back to class." Then they scurried off to class. "What am I going to do with this couple."

Aria's POV.......................

"Why do we always get caught there?" I questioned my boyfriend, referencing last year when we got caught by Umbridge.

"Must be a popular hallway I guess." He sighed. "We have to find a closet."

"Yeah, we do." I nodded my head in agreement.

It was that night that Dumbledore called Harry and I both to his office. I was getting really annoyed with this old man. When we entered the office, he sat alone at his desk, his face illuminated by the pensieve. "Good evening, Aria, Harry. You got my message, I see. Come, come. Sit." Dumbledore instructed. So we came and sat in front of his desk. "So how are the both of you?"