Chapter Five: Devil's Snare or Flying Keys?

Previously.......................

"Harry Potter, you must leave. You are known to many creatures here. The forest is not safe at this time. Especially for you." Firenze told us.

"But what was that thing you saved us from?" Harry questioned.

"A monstrous creature. It is a terrible crime to slay a unicorn. Drinking the blood of a unicorn will keep you alive even if you are an inch from death. But at a terrible price. You have slain something so pure that the moment the blood touches your lips, you will have a half-life. A cursed life." The centar explained.

"But who would choose such a life?" I wondered out loud.

"Can you think of no one?"

"Do you mean to say...that that thing that killed the unicorn...that was drinking its blood...that was Voldemort?" Harry suggested.

"Do you know what is hidden in the school at this very moment?" He asked us.

"The Philosopher's Stone." We said at the same time. Fang suddenly barks and Harry looks up to see Hagrid, Hermione, Ron and Draco appear. Hagrid has his crossbow ready, but lowers it when he sees Firenze.

"Harry! Aria!" Hermione smiled.

"Aria!" Draco said in relief.

"Hello there, Firenze. I see you've met our young Mr. Potter and Ms. West. You alright there, you two?" Hagrid questioned and we both nodded.

"Harry Potter, Aria West, this is where I leave you. You're safe now. Good luck." Firenze told us and we got off of him and he left.

Now.............................

The four of us, Hermione, Ron, Harry and I all met in the common room talking about what Firenze told Harry and I. "You mean You-Know-Who's out there, right now, in the forest?" Hermione questioned.

"But he's weak. He's living off the unicorns. Don't you see? We had it wrong! Snape doesn't want the Stone for himself; he wants the Stone for Voldemort. With the Elixir of Life, Voldemort will be strong again. He'll... he'll come back." Harry explained.

"But, if he comes back, you don't think he'll try to... kill you, do you?" Ron asked.

"I mean, he's the boy who lived, of course he would try to kill him." I said, "Try to finish what he started that night."

"I think if he'd had the chance, he might've tried to kill me and Aria tonight." He admitted.

"And to think I've been worrying about my Potions final." Ron gulped.

"Hang on a minute." Hermione begins and the three of us glance up at her, "We're forgetting one thing. Who's the one wizard Voldemort always feared? Dumbledore. As long as Dumbledore's around, Harry, you're safe. As long as Dumbledore's around, you can't be touched." She then gives him a reassuring smile and he nods. Later that day we were in the outdoor corridor, walking after an exam. Something was on my mind besides the whole Voldemort thing. Why did Draco seem relieved to see me after he ran away? "I've always heard Hogwarts' end of the year exams were frightful, but I found that rather enjoyable."

"Speak for yourself. All right there, Harry?" Ron asked, worried about Harry.

"My scar. It keeps burning." Harry admitted and it was weird because I felt the same pain in my shoulder but I didn't bring it up.

"It's happened before." He shrugged.

"Not like this." He said.

"Perhaps you should see the nurse, Harry." I told him, noting the mass amount of pain he's in.