Chapter Thirty-Nine: A Simple Lock Pick

Previously............

"Well, half brother, really." Hagrid clarified. "He's completely harmless, just like I said. Little high-spirited, is all." Grawpy then bent over at us to give us a good look before picking up Hermione and she let out a scream. "Grawpy, that is not polite."

"Hagrid, do something." Ron told the half-giant.

"We talked about this. You do not grab, do you?" Hagrid lectured. "That's your new friend, Hermione." While Hagrid was saying this Ron attacked him with a big stick, breaking it in the process. "Grawpy." He then kicked Ron.

"Drop." Hermione began, "Put me down.... Now." The giant then obliged with a disappointed face.

"You good?" I asked her.

"I'm fine, just needed a firm hand, that's all." She answered.

"I think you've got an admirer." Harry commented.

"You just stay away from her, all right?" Ron said and Grawpy dug in his pile. The giant then turned around and rang a bell on bicycle handles before handing it to Hemrione. She took them in her hand and rang the bell.

"He gets his own food and all. It's company he'll be needing when I'm gone. You will look after him, won't you? I'm the only family he's got." Hagrid asked of us and of course we agreed.

Now...................

IT wasn't long after that that I was back in Snape's potions classroom with him teaching me how to keep Voldemort out of my mind. The memory I was in was Draco and I was talking about running away together.

"There you are, love." He smiled at me, "I've been looking for you everywhere."

"Good, I've been looking for you too." I smiled at him. "So, do you have an answer for me?"

"Straight to the point, huh?" He chuckled.

"Yup, but you know that's how I am." I smiled at him.

"I've thought about it." He sighed and I suddenly was terrified he would say 'no'.

"And?" I questioned, nervous.

"Walk with me." He said before we started walking and lowered our voices. "I want to do it but I'm worried about my mother. My father can handle himself, the cold bastard he is."

"I think that's the first time I've heard you say something negative about your father." I told him in a lowered voice.

"I know." He sighed.

"I don't want to make you choose but I know what path your mother will follow. She'll follow your father's." I informed him.

"Why don't we just say fuck it and run away together, away from this nightmare?" He suggested.

"I wish we could, Dray, I really do." I looked at him with sad eyes. "But I can't let Harry do this alone because when it comes to the end it will be me, Harry and Voldemort and he will try to kill us both."

"Feeling sentimental, Miss. Potter?" Snape asked in my memory.

"That's private." I said, kicking him out of my head.

"Not to me." Snape shrugged off, "And not to the Dark Lord. You are already doing a lot better than your brother, we just need to work on it more. Every memory he has access to is a weapon he can use against you, use against the Order, against Draco. So, if you love Draco you will try harder." I noticed how he said love in a disgusted tone.