Chapter Four: Nicholas Flamel

Previously.....................

Christmas was good. We had our normal traditions but it was always just the two of us. Mum's parents died before I was ever born, and she never really wanted a relationship. So she adopted me, that's what she tells me at least. For Christmas, I sent Fred, George, Ron and Harry a bunch of Pumpkin Pasties since they aren't going home.

Now............................

When I came back to Hogwarts nothing much happened until the spring. All we did was go to classes and now we were preparing for final exams. We were in the Great Hall studying, well at least Hermione, Harry and I were. Ron was playing cards. "Look at you playing with your cards. Pathetic! We've got final exams coming up soon." Hermione told Ron.

"I'm ready! Ask me any question." Ron said.

"All right, what are the three most crucial ingredients in a Forgetfulness Potion?" Hermione questioned.

"...I forgot." He answered.

"And what, may I ask, do you plan to do if this comes up in the final exam?" She asked.

"Copy off you?" He suggested.

"No, you won't! Besides, according to Professor McGonagall, we're to be given special quills bewitched with an anti-cheating spell." She informed him.

"That's insulting! It's as if they don't trust us!" Ron said, opening a chocolate frog. "Dumbledore again!"

"They have no reason to trust us, Ron." I commented. Then Neville comes hopping into the Great Hall with his legs stuck together as the other students laugh at him.

"Leg-locker curse?" Ron guessed.

"Malfoy." Harry assumed and I rolled my eyes, agreeing. He's been acting weird to me all year. We weren't friends but we weren't enemies eithers.

"You have to learn to stand up to people, Neville." I told him.

"How? I can barely stand at all!" Neville said, wobbling uncontrollably.

"I'll do the counter-curse!" Seamus said, wand at the ready.

"No, that's all I need... you to set my bloody kneecaps on fire!" Neville told him.

"I don't appreciate the insinuation, Longbottom." Seamus began, slamming his wand down angrily, "Besides, if anyone cares to notice, my eyebrows have completely grown back!" He storms off showing a large chunk of hair missing from the back of his head.

"I found him!" Harry said excitedly, focusing on the chocolate frog card.

"Here, Neville." I sighed.

"Thank you, Aria." He sighed as I said the counter curse. Freeing him from the Leg-locking curse.

"'Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the Dark Wizard Grindelwald in 1945–'" Ron rea from the card.

"Go on." Harry said.

"'-for his discovery of the 12 uses of Dragon Blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner Nicolas Flamel!'" He finished reading.

"I knew the name sounded familiar. I read it on the train that day." Harry said.

"Follow me!" Hermione said, excitedly and we all got up and followed her to the library. Ron, Harry and I sat at one of the tables while Hermione was looking for the book she was looking for. Hermione then comes with a huge book and thumps it on the table. "I had you looking in the wrong section! How could I be so stupid? I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading."