Chapter Eight: Eat Slugs, Malfoy

Previously...............

"You're not allowed to read my books?" He questioned ignoring what I put for the other questions.

"My mother hates your guts." I smiled at him.

"Who's your mother?"

"Alicia West." I answered.

"She has a good reason to hate my guts." He chuckled and I walked but to my seat wondering what happened between him and my mother.

Now.....................

Lockhart leans on his desk, looking through the exams, "Tut, tut. Hardly any of you remembered my favorite color is lilac. But Miss Hermione Grangerknew that my secret ambition is to rid the world of evil and market my own range of hair care potions. Good girl." Then he set the papers down and his tone darkened, "Now... be warned! It is my job to harm you against the foulest creatures known to wizard kind! You may find yourself facing your own worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here..." With flair he turns to the cage. "I must ask you not to scream. It might provoke them." After letting the tension build he removes the cover from the cage. They were Cornish Pixies. Reminding of when one almost killed me in the garden at home. It was not fun.

"Cornish pixies?" Seamus questioned with a laugh.

"Don't mess with Cornish pixies, Seamus. One almost killed me once and I got the scar to prove it." I told him. Everyone just gave me a weird look.

"Laugh if you will, Mr. Finnegan,but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters. Let's see what you make of them now!" Lockhart said, then opened the cage and I let out a scream as they started throwing things and two of them picked Neville up by the ears and I hid under a desk. "Come on now, round them up, round them up. They're only pixies." Then he took out his wand, "Peskipiski Pesternomi!" The spell had no effect and a pixie took Lockhart's wand. Then he locked himself into his office but before he left he said, "I'll ask you four to just nip the rest of them back into their cage."

"What the bloody hell do we do now?" I said in a panic as Pixies attacked me.

"Immobilus!" Hermione shouted and all the pixies just froze into place. We all helped in putting the pixies back into the cage. We then walked out of the classroom. We were all a mess from it.

"Can you believe him?" Ron questioned.

"Nope." I sighed.

"I'm sure Professor Lockhart just wanted to give us some hands-on experience." She defended and I looked at her like she was stupid.

"Hands on? Hermione, he didn't have a clue what he was doing." Harry told her.

"Rubbish. Read his books. You'll see all the amazing things he's done." Hermione told us.

"You mean the stuff he said he did." I sighed. Hermione rolled her eyes at me. That afternoon I wrote a letter to my mum. Asking her questions about Lockhart. The same day Ron, Hermione and I sat in the courtyard studying, well Ron and Hermione did. I was writing a letter to my mum. I just wanted to know what happened between her and Lockhart.

Dear mum,

What happened between you and Lockhart? I told him that you hate his guts and he asked who you were and when I did just said "She has a good reason to hate me." What is that all about?

-Aria

Then I heard the commotion. "Clear out, Flint! I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today." Oliver told Flint who was in Slytherin.

"Easy, Wood. I've got a note." Flint said, giving him said note. Oliver takes the note and reads it.

"'I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today,owing to the need to train their new Seeker.'" Oliver looks up as I make my way over there with Hermione and Ron. "You've got a new Seeker? Who?" Then pushes through is Draco.