Chapter Twenty: Sirius Black

Happy Holidays!
-Wildflower

Previously...................

"We're in the Shrieking Shack, aren't we?" Hermione questioned, Harry stayed silent.

"I assume so." I answered, looking at the same thing my brother was, the trail of dog prints in the dust. Then the ceiling creaked and we rushed to the stairs, we were worried about Ron. We looked down at the floor again and something or someone was dragged into the room at the end of the hall. The room was shining a light, "Nox." I whispered. My wand-light dies as we slowly make our way to the door, Harry then kicks the door, opening it, revealing Ron holding his bloodied leg.

"Ron! You're okay!" Hermione said in relief, going towards her friend.

"The dog- where's the-" Harry questioned. I went over to him.

"He's the dog. It's a trap, Harry. He's an Animagus..." Ron told him.

Then there he was, Sirius Black.

Now...........................

Sirius Black, is as you would expect to look after being in Azkaban. Malnourished, severely yellow teeth, tattoos, greasy hair from not being able to shower. It was almost as if he was a walking corpse. He studied Harry's face keenly but he also studied my face as if he was confused. "Lily?" He mumbled, then he realized. "Aria Potter?"

"Come to kill her too?" Harry questioned with a violent tone.

"If you want to kill them, you'll-you'll... have to kill us, too!" Hermione said.

"No. Only one will die tonight." Sirius said.

"Then it'll be you!" Harry exclaimed.

"Harry, no!" I exclaimed, trying to stop my brother. Harry's wand pointed at him. Sirius is looking at Harry cautiously.

"Going to kill me, Harry?" Sirius questioned.

"Yes." Harry answered. Then the door opened, revealing Professor Lupin.

"Remus." I sighed in relief.

"Professor Lupin!" The Golden Trio said, however he ignored them.

"Looking a bit ragged, aren't we, Sirius? Finally the skin reflects the madness within." Remus said to Sirius.

"You'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you, Remus?" Sirius retorts and then they embrace.

"No! I trusted you! I covered up for you. And all this time you've been his friend!" Hermione cried then pointed at Remus, "He's a werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes!"

"How long have you known?" My god father questioned.

"Since Professor Snape set the essay." She told him.

"You're the brightest witch of your age I've ever met, Hermione but you are not the only one who figured it out." Remus said looking fondly at me.

"Harry knows." I simply said and he nodded.

"Yes, you glow like the sun. And you howl at the moon. Enough talk! He dies. Now. If you won't do it with me, Remus, I'll do it alone." Sirius said.

"Wait, Sirius-" He tried to stop him.

"I did my waiting! Twelve years of it! In Azkaban! Trust me, you wouldn't have lasted a week!" Sirius said, eyeing Remus.

"All right then. As you wish..." Remus nods then disarming Harry.

"Do you really want to do it?" I questioned. He looked at me. "I know you are innocent but do you really want to kill Peter Pettigrew if you can be released and spend the rest of your time with your god-son?"