Chapter Nineteen: The Dog

Happy Holidays!
-Wildflower

Previously...............

Soon after that we were dismissed, "Miss West will you stay back for a moment?" I nodded, walking towards her as the classroom emptied.

"What can I do for you Professor?" I asked her.

"I wanted to talk to you about this path you are taking. Remember in the beginning of the year when I said it'd end up getting someone killed?" She asked me.

"Yes..." I answered, wondering where this was going.

"Mr Potter wasn't the only one I saw the Grim for, Miss West. Proceed with caution." She warned, "You're excused." I then quickly left her classroom passing Harry on my way out.

(A/N The punch scene unfortunately won't happen because I feel that Draco has come a long way with Aria and that's how I'm writing the fanfic. -Wildflower)

Now......................

After Divination I had planned to meet up with Draco, we were going to take Hagrid scones that the elves had made for us to give to him, since Buckbeak was being executed tonight. "So, there is nothing you can do now?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry, Ari. My father just won't listen to me." He sighed.

"I didn't expect him to either, Draco." I admitted. "This is just horrible." Then we watched as the Golden Trio walked towards Hagrid's hut.

"I should probably head back to the castle." He told me. "I don't want to have a run-in with them right now."

"Okay, Draco. I'll take the scones and meet you there in a bit." I said, giving him a sad smile. I knew Draco felt guilty and he knew it was his fault for going up to Buckbeak and calling him ugly but it was Lucius Malfoy's fault for getting Buckbeak executed and taking it too far. There is no doubt in my mind about that. I watched Draco walk up to the castle, avoiding the Golden Trio but I quickly went up to them, since we were all going to the same place. "Hey guys." I sadly smiled at them.

"Hey, Aria." Hermoine acknowledged.

"Where's your boyfriend?" Ron questioned with obvious bitterness.

"Who are you talking about?" I questioned, confused at him and his manor. He stopped and looked at me.

"Draco, of course!" He said bitterly. "Why don't you go be with him? What are you even doing here, anyway? You've been avoiding us since Christmas of last year."

"I am bringing scones to Hagrid, if you must know and Draco is not my boyfriend, Ron." I said, sternly. "If you truly must know why I've been avoiding you, it's because of family things and that's all you need to know."

"Ron, we are not here to pick a fight. We are here to support Hagrid." Hermione said, giving me a slight side eye.

"And if you must know, Draco did everything he could to stop the execution. His father wouldn't listen." I admitted to the trio and they looked at me quizzically. "Now, I'm going to give these to Hagrid, if you three just want to stand there and stare at me." They sighed and we all walked to the hut together and he opened the door and let us in.

"Look at 'em. Loves the smell o' the trees when the wind blows..." Hagrid said, looking out the window at Buckbeak.

"I say we set him free." Harry said.

"They'd know I did it. And tha' would only get Dumbledore in trouble. Gonna come down, yeh know. Says he wants ter be with me when it... when it happens. Great man, Dumbledore." The half-giant said, shaking his head. I rolled my eyes when he said Dumbledore was a great man, he may think so but he wasn't, not to me at least.