Chapter Twenty-Seven: Prepare For The Yule Ball

(Yule Ball dress up above)
Happy 300 reads!
-Wildflower

Previously...................

"Aria, watching you face death made me realize that if you died I wouldn't be able to handle it." Draco admitted to me.

"What are you saying?" I questioned.

"I'm willing to admit my feelings if you are willing to admit yours." He told me. Don't get me wrong, being put in a near-death situation puts a few things into perspective and this may have been one of them.

"You're right, Draco, this put a few things into perspective," I agreed, he looked at me with hope. "I'm worried that if we go any further than what we have and we don't work out, that things will never be the same between us."

"Like things aren't awkward now?" He questioned me. He made a good point. Ever since we kissed it hasn't been the same. It's been a little awkward. "Aria Potter will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes." I answered, he was right plus what do I have to lose?

Now...................

After everyone was checked out by Madame Pomfrey and treated for any wounds they may have received from their dragon, it was to our common rooms we went. Harry and I had to have a joint party. My mind wasn't concerned with the party but with the events of the night. Draco and I were officially together. A Malfoy and a Potter. Who would've thought? When I walked in, with my brother, everyone was cheering. Everyone congratulated us on the win. Then Seamus held Harry's egg, mine was with Hermione, she had taken it up to our dorm for me while I was getting checked out by Madame Pomfrey. "C'mon, Harry. What d'you say?" Seamus questioned.

"Harry, maybe you shouldn't..." Hermione said, skeptically.

"Bring it here." Harry sighed. A cheer goes up and they hand the egg to my brother. The moment he opened it a hiss was released from the egg.

"Shut it!" I yelled at him and he did.

"Bloody hell. What was that?" Ron questioned and knowing they've had beef lately we all look at each other.

"Alright, everyone! Go back to your knitting. This is going to be uncomfortable enough without all you nosy sods listening in." Fred announced before coming over to me with George. "So, The jelly legs jinx on a dragon?"

"Who would've thought?" George questioned.

"I really didn't think it would work." I admitted, "But I thought, 'hey, might as well give it a shot'."

"It was awesome." Fred compliamented.

That night I laid in bed wondering about the next task. I held the egg in my hands, looking at it. I noticed the details on the outside of it. At the top was a starfish type emblem, and on the sides surrounding looked almost like it was a city line. "It's late, you should probably go to bed." Hermione stated.

"I know." I sighed, agreed. "After the task Draco came to see me." I looked at her.

"What did he say?" She wondered.

"To say it quickly, Draco and I may or may not be dating..." I told her.

"You're joking." She smirked at me. "I am happy for you, I really am..." Then her face got more solem, "...just promise me you'll be careful. His parents are death eaters after all and I don't want to see you hurt."

"Just because his parents are, doesn't mean he is." I reassured her. I hoped I was right, I hoped that his parents didn't force him to become a death eater. The next morning, Hermione woke me up for breakfast. Apparently I was so worn out from yesterday's task that I didn't wake myself up as I usually do. I got ready for the day and Draco met me at the portrait hole, waiting to walk me to breakfast.