Chapter Thirty: Voldemort

Previously....................

"Bone of the father, unknowingly given..." Pettigrew almost...recited, the earth below Harry and I started to break as he pulled a bone from the father's grave and put into the cauldron, "Flesh of the servant, willingly sacrificed..." He then cut off his own hand, it dropped into the cauldron. "Bloody of the enemy..." He came over to Harry and I and first knicked Harry with the knife he held, "...Forcibly..." Then he came over to me and did the same, "...taken." He then walked back over the cauldron and tipped the knife over it and knocked it in. The boil gets even heavier. "The Dark Lord shall rise again!" Then the cauldron raged, and a glow came from the sky as the wind howled and black smoke rose from the cauldron.

Then a shadow made of smoke arose. Transforming, smoke to skin. Pale white, veining.

Voldemort.

He was alive.

Now.......................

Voldemort studied his hands in delight before looking at his servant. "My wand, Wormtail." Pettigrew shuffled forward, giving Voldemort his wand, "Hold out your arm." The rat-like man held out his bleeding arm.

"Oh, master, thank you, master-" He was cut off.

"The other arm, Wormtail." The born-again dark-wizard told him. His smile fades as he lifts his other arm, showing the dark mark. He grinned before reaching out and touching it. Then just like that, one-by-one, death eaters appear and one of them I immediately recognize to be the woman that raised me, Alicia West. "Welcome, my friends!" He began, "Thirteen years it's been... yet here you stand before me as though it were only yesterday. Whole. Healthy. In full possession of your powers. I confess myself... disappointed." Apprehension runs through the crowd of death eaters. "For how is it that such a powerful band of wizards, wizards who had sworn me eternal loyalty, could never once, in all these years, come to the aid of their master?" Instantly a death eater drops to the hem of Voldemort's robe, begging for forgiveness. Immediately he killed him. "Give me thirteen years, then perhaps I'll forgive you, Avery." He walked past, "Nott. HcNair. Crabbe. Goyle. Not one of you tried to find me..." He pauses at one Death Eater that was next to Alicia. "Not even you, Lucius." Then the Death Eater mask was removed, proving to was Lucius Malfoy.

"My Lord, I was constantly on the alert. Had there been any sign, any whisper of your whereabouts-" Lucius was cut off.

"There were signs, my slippery friend. And more than whispers." The man these people, worshiped, feared said.

"I assure you, My Lord, I have not renounced the old ways. The face I present each day to the wizard world is my true mask." Draco's father bargained.

"I think it's safe to say you are a man of many masks, Lucius. However, no one has betrayed me more in the past thirteen years then some did the very night James and Lily Potter died." He began side-eying the death eater next to Lucius. "Did you really think you'd get away with showing mercy to those two, Alicia? Raising Aria as your own?" He then removed her mask. "Well, explain yourself, I want to hear the horrible excuse you have."

"I-I don't have one." She said, looking at me, not Voldemort.

"Oh, you care for the girl." He noticed her looking at me with love and compassion as a mother would. "Well you are going to die in front of her." He smirked before casting the killing curse.

"Noooooo!" I cried. Yet, I was ignored.

"Make this be known, that this is what happens to traitors." He announced to his cult following. He looked to Lucius.

The woman who raised me was dead.

Alicia West was dead.

"I returned to you. I returned..." Pettigrew said as none of what happened just happened. I had tears falling down my face in grief. Voldemort turned to Pettigrew.