Chapter Thirty-Five: Dumbledore's Army

Previously.................

"Last year, my brother really did fight off Voldemort. I saw for myself right before I stabbed Pettigrew to get my wand back." I added to it.

"Wait." Harry stopped us. "Look, it all sounds great when you say it like that but the truth is, most of that was just luck. I didn't know what I was doing half of the time. I nearly always had help."

"He's just being modest." Hermione stated.

"No, Hermione, I'm not." Harry brushed her off. "Facing this stuff in real life is not like school. In school, if you make a mistake, you can just try again tomorrow but out there when you're a second away from being murdered or watching a friend die right before your eyes. You don't know what that's like." Harry then sat down in his chair.

"You're right, Harry, we don't." Hermione began. "That's why we need your help because if we're going to have any chance at beating...Voldemort."

"He's really back?" A younger student questioned.

And that's what sold them for it. Dumbledore's Army was created.

Now.....................

The Bridge............

"Right. First we need to find a place to practice where Umbridge won't find out." HArry stated.

"The shrieking shack?" Ginny suggested.

"It's too small." Harry told her.

"The Chamber of Secrets." I suggested.

"No, there is a decaying basilisk down there and we'd have to use broom sticks to get out it. That'll be our final option if we can't anywhere." Harry told me.

"Forbidden Forest?" Hermione suggested.

"Not bloody likely." Ron said.

"Harry, what happens if Umbridge does find out?" Ginny asked.

"Who cares?" Hermione began, "I mean, it's sort of exciting, isn't it, breaking the rules?"

"This isn't your first time breaking the rules Miss. Snape-is-the-one-controlling-Harry's-broom-in-year-one-so-i'm-just-going-to-light-his-robe-on-fire-as-a-distraction," I told her.

"Okay, it wasn't my proudest moment but you have to admit it was funny." Hermione told us. "Anyway, at least we know one positive thing that came from today."

"What's that?" Harry questioned.

"Cho couldn't take her eyes off you could she?" She smirked.

"Right. Over the next few days, we should each come up with a couple of possibilities, that is not the Chamber of Secrets, Aria, of places we can practice. We've got to make sure, whatever it is, there's no chance she can find us." Harry explained and we all agreed.

Then right after that she made another Educational Decree. No. 68 to be exact. All student organizations henceforth disbanded any student in noncompliance will be expelled. It didn't really affect us because we were a secret.

That is also when Neville found the Room of Requirement.

"You've done it Neville, you found the Room of Requirement." Hermione said, shocked.

"The what?" Neville questioned, confused.

"It's also known as the Come and Go Room. The Room of Requirement only appears when a person has a real need for it and it's always equipped for the seeker's needs." Hermione explained.

"So say you really needed the toilet?" Ron questioned.

"Charming, Ronald but yes, that is the general idea." Hermione sighed.