Chapter Thirty-Eight: Grawpy

Here is an extra chapter because I finished writing The Malfoy Affair Today. *sobs*

-Wildflower

Previously.....................

"I've thought about it." He sighed and I suddenly was terrified he would say 'no'.

"And?" I questioned, nervous.

"Walk with me." He said before we started walking and lowered our voices. "I want to do it but I'm worried about my mother. My father can handle himself, the cold bastard he is."

"I think that's the first time I've heard you say something negative about your father." I told him in a lowered voice.

"I know." He sighed.

"I don't want to make you choose but I know what path your mother will follow. She'll follow your father's." I informed him.

"Why don't we just say fuck it and run away together, away from this nightmare?" He suggested.

"I wish we could, Dray, I really do." I looked at him with sad eyes. "But I can't let Harry do this alone because when it comes to the end it will be me, Harry and Voldemort and he will try to kill us both."

Now.........................

Draco decided he needed to think about it more, which was okay, because I had to wait until I heard something back from Remus anyway so it wouldn't be until the end of the school year at least, but hopefully before. Until then things would go as normally as they could.

"Make it a powerful memory, the happiest you can remember." Harry began instructing us on how to cast a patronus, "Allow it to fill you up. Keep trying, Seamus." I was thinking about Draco and the first time he kissed me.

"And I will be by your side the whole time." Draco reassured me.

"But why?" I questioned, "You don't have to be."

"Yeah, I do." He admitted, we stopped and he looked at me, disconnecting our arms, "Aria, what you don't realize is that I was born in the darkness, my father taught me nothing but hate. You came into my life and pushed me into your light. You are my light. You taught me love and kindness. Now it's my turn to be here for you."

"Thank you, Draco." I smiled at him, "You have no clue how much I needed to hear that right now."

"And you have no clue how long I've been waiting to say that." He smiled at me, as he took his hand in mine, lovingly. We looked in each other's eyes for maybe a little too long. He made the first move, kissing me but I kissed back. His hands cupped my face almost immediately. His lips were soft and though the kiss wasn't very long, I wanted it to last a little longer but we parted. Draco looked at me happily with a smile, slightly biting his lip and I smiled back. His hands dropped to my hands, and held them.

Draco was my number one supporter throughout the Triwizard Tournament and he was always there when I needed him the most. "Expecto Patronum." I casted and there it was in front of me, my patronus. It was a Dragon.

I smiled at it.

"Good job, Aria, keep it up." Harry smiled at me. "A full-bodied Patronus is the most difficult to produce but shield forms can also be equally useful against a variety of opponents. Just remember, your Patronus can only protect you for as long as you stay focused." Harry walked around the room as I focused on my Dragon. "This is really advanced stuff, guys. You're doing so well."

Then the chandelier began to shake and there was a hard pound on the wall. We looked at it, losing focus but instead focusing on the new threat. Harry slowly got closer to it.