Chapter Ten: Looking For The Truth

Previously......................

"Here it is: 'The Polyjuice Potion. Properly brewed, thePolyjuice Potion allows the drinker to transform himself temporarily into the physical form of another...'" She read out of the book.

"You mean, Harry and I drink some of this stuff and we turn into Crabbe and Goyle?" Ron asked.

"Yes." Hermione nodded.

"Wicked! Malfoy'll tell us anything!" Ron says excitedly.

"Exactly. But it's tricky. I've never seen a more complicated potion. Lacewing flies, leeches, fluxweed. And, of course, we'll need a bit of whoever we want to change into too." Hermione explained.

"Hang on now. I'm drinking nothing with Crabbe's toenails in it." Ron cringed.

"How long will it take to make?" Harry asked.

"A month." She told us.

"A month? But if Malfoy is the heir of Slytherin... he could attack half the Muggle-borns in the school by then." Harry told us.

"You didn't have to tell me that." She sighed. Something in me felt like it was the right thing to tell Draco what was going on but on the other hand if this is what it was going to take for them to get off of the fact Draco did it, which he didn't, it would be worth it. But I don't want anyone to get hurt. I have some contemplation to do.

.............................

"I'll be able to, certainly, but it will be painful. You're in for a rough night, Potter. Regrowing bones is nasty business." She warned. Harry took a big drink and then spit it out.

"Well, what did you expect, pumpkin juice?" She questioned and then there was a bright camera flash.

"That was brilliant today, Harry! Brilliant!" Colin said.

"Out! All of you! This boy's got thirty-three bones to regrow!" She demanded and we all left.

Now......................

I was sitting in the girl's bathroom with Hermione, Harry and Ron. Hermione was adding ingredients into the polyjuice potion. "Again? You mean, the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" Hermione asked.

"Of course! Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must've opened it when he was at school here, and now he's told Draco how to do it." Ron suggested.

"Maybe. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure." Hermione said, taking the words right out of my mouth.

"Enlighten me. Why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight, in the middle of a girls' lavatory? Don't you think we'll get caught?" Ron asked curiously.

"Nope." I told him. "No one comes in here."

"Why?" Ron wondered.

"Moaning Myrtle." Hermione answered.

"Who's Moaning Myrtle?" He wondered and that upset her.

"I'm Moaning Myrtle. I wouldn't expect you to know me. Who would ever talk about fat, ugly, miserable, moping, moaning Myrtle?" Myrtle said.

"Myrtle you are not ugly or fat." I told her.

"She's a little sensitive." Hermione informed them. That afternoon I finally got a letter back from my mum. The trio wanted to go to the dueling club but I decided not to.

Dear Aria,

I knew you would be asking questions about that since he was going to be your DADA teacher this year. It's a long story and best explained in person but to give you the short version. We used to date in Hogwarts. I cringe thinking about it now but I'll explain it more when you're home for Christmas.