40

SURPRISE!!!

Happy Holidays, everyone!
This is not much, but I hope you enjoy this chapter. ❤️

---

ashton

Seeing my father again after five years just brought back so many awful memories and feelings that I tried to bury deep down and forget. Never have I ever thought that I would come face to face with this man again. I felt my rage build up inside me and I wanted to go over to him and beat him senseless for everything he has done. But I should know better not to do that. Not in front of my brother, not in front of my friends, and most certainly not in front of my Luke.

What makes me wonder now is why is he here? After all this time, he just suddenly decided to see me? Why? Is it because he heard that I was shot? So it would take for me to get shot before my so-called father to come and see me? Huh, he’s fucking ridiculous.

“Why did you bring him here?” I confronted Harry who just calmly sighed and smiled, making me very much irritated.

“Ashton, don’t be mad at me, okay? I think you two need to talk,” my brother said to me as he stood beside Luke.

“You don’t get to decide that for me.”

Harry sighed again and ignored what I said as he turned to Luke and smiled at him as he said, “Come on, We should give them privacy.”

“What?!” I said in surprise.

He ignored me again and he gestured for the other boys to head out of the room, saying, “Come on, boys. Let’s grab some lunch. My treat.”

Michael looked at me with worried eyes, silently asking me if I’m gonna be okay. I shook my head because, no, I don’t want to talk to my father, let alone be alone with him in this room. But I don’t really have any choice now, do I? 

My best friend frowned as he patted my arm lightly in comfort before he followed the others out of the room. As soon as they were gone and I was left alone with my father, I turned away from him and sat back down on the edge of my bed.

“Ashton…” he started, but I cut him off.

“What makes you think that it’s okay for you to just show up whenever you want to?” I confronted him.

I heard him sigh then I noticed him approaching me and he stood just right in front of me which irritated me a lot. “Ashton, I am sorry,” he said softly as he stood there in front of me, and maybe waiting for me to look at him.

“It’s too late for that, don’t you think?” I uttered angrily in response but still didn’t look at him.

“I know I have never been the father that you deserve b-”

“You were never a father to me!” I growled angrily and this time I looked at him with angry eyes. 

He took a step back in surprise and so I took it as my chance and I stood up from the bed and walked a step closer to him which is enough for me to stand near him and get face-to-face with him. “I’m fucking angry at you and I don’t want to see you. Now, leave,” I told him with every bit of anger I feel inside me towards him.

He took in a deep breath and then let it out as he looked at me and softly said, “Ashton, no.”

“What?”

“Son, I am not leaving you again. I’ve made that terrible, terrible mistake before and that is the thing that I regret most in my life. Now, I am here and I am staying with you. Just please, give me a chance to b-”