33

this chapter is shorter than usual and there may be scenes who may not be as accurate with real-life as it should be. I am no expert on anything so if I got things wrong, I truly apologize.

---

luke

Christmas was the best. Ever.

I mean, I had a very amazing time with Ashton and the dinner he prepared for us was superb. He even got Barbara and her staff to help him set everything up. Then he got me roses. It was a very sweet gesture from him and for me, that really was the super highlight of the whole dinner because I never thought that he'd do that. Never have I ever thought that someone will ever do something like that for me and make me feel special.

Of course, after dinner was even more amazing. It was the highlight of my night. Well, being with Ashton is always amazing and magical.

Then on Christmas day, he gave me the best presents I could ever have. The necklace was very, very beautiful and so thoughtful of him. He got the important dates in our relationship engraved on it. Then he surprised me with my family visiting. Well, minus my mom, but that's okay. I don't really wanna see her, anyway.

The opening of presents with them was a lot of fun. Jack and Ben never failed to lay some of their pranks on me, giving me stupid presents, like giving me sex toys and kids' toys. Well I didn't mind because we all had a laugh, besides their actual presents for me are really thoughtful, so all's good. But it was my dad's present for me that was fucking insane. He gave me a car! I didn't even notice it when they arrived because they were clever enough to park it a little away from the house just so I won't see it right away.

I just can't believe it because I never asked him for a car. I didn't want to ask too much from my parents. That was why I looked for a job when I got to uni and save money to buy myself a car. I didn't even aim for a brand new car, just something that I can use that is still in good condition and wouldn't need a lot of repairs. But my dad, the good man, and the best father that he has bought me a brand new one as his Christmas present for and I can't thank him enough for that.

Then he also gave Ashton a present which kinda surprised me because well, I knew they've met before but it was just a few days ago that he knew Ashton would be spending Christmas with us but that didn't really happen, because well, the drama. But somehow, he made sure to give Ashton a present and I know it's not really unusual to get a last-minute present for someone. Jack and Ben who just met Ashton a few days ago managed to give him presents, but my dad's present for my boyfriend was something that, I think, was thought about.

He gave Ashton a watch with something engraved at the back. Ashton didn't show me what it was but I knew there was something written on it as I saw him read it when he opened the present and he smiled sincerely before he gave my father a tight hug. I guess, my dad and Ashton don't just have a simple doctor-patient relationship. I have noticed the amount of respect Ashton has for my dad and I know it wasn't just because of the fact that he is my dad. Ashton is not the kind of guy who likes to make himself look good in front of others. So I am pretty sure his respect for my father is real and coming from a real place.

I am happy about that though - about the fact that my father and my boyfriend have built some kind of connection and relationship with each other. That from being simply a doctor and a patient, they have built something more. It makes me feel content because I know that my father, who is one of the most important people in my life, likes and respects my boyfriend. I can't ask for more.

This Christmas is among the best ones I've had even despite the fact that I have kinda severed my relationship with my mother. But still, I got to spend it with the rest of my family and after they knew who I really am, they accepted me and supported me and they accepted my relationship and welcomed my boyfriend warmly. And of course, I got to spend this special holiday with my amazing and beautiful boyfriend: my Ashton.