17

hello. in this chapter, we are gonna have a little change: a shift in P.O.V.

now we dwell on Ashton's mind and see how things go in his mind and how things go in his point of view. let's also take a little sneak peak of his emotions and a little side of himself.

enjoy!

WARNING: there are scenes/parts in this chapter that could be triggering. i apologize in advance for that. i needed to write them because they are part of the story and essential to the plot.

---

ashton

"What the fuck?"

Luke's voice was what I heard before I could react to Bryana's sudden actions.

I quickly pulled Bryana's hold off my face as I stepped away from her and turned around to see Luke's surprised, confused, and most of all the hurt expression on his face. He shook his head at me with the obvious disappointment as tears began to roll down his cheeks.

No. No. No.

He quickly wiped away the tears on his face and turned on his heel to go back inside the apartment building.

"Luke, wait!" I called and was gonna follow him but I was stopped by a hand grabbing my arm and Bryana's voice saying, "Ashton."

I looked down at her hand on my arm then I shifted my gaze to her face. She gave me a look of confusion but I ignored it and shrugged off her hand as I said, "Go home, Bryana."

"But-,"

"Please," I cut her off. "You've done enough." I turned away from her and went to follow Luke back inside the apartment building. Bryana was calling me but I ignored her because all I care about right now is Luke.

He was nowhere in the lobby and so I rushed to the elevator and it was already on its way up. Figuring Luke was already on it, I rushed to the stairs and climbed up as fast as I can, taking two steps at a time.

Just as I reached our floor, and entered the hallway, Luke stepped out of the elevator.

"Luke!" I called as I ran after him. "Luke, please stop. Listen to me. Let me explain."

Luke just continued to walk down the hall towards his apartment door so I ran faster after him and grabbed his arm, making him halt but he didn't turn to look at me.

I dropped my hand from his arm and quietly said, "Luke, please..."

Luke fisted his hands by his sides as his head hung low and sniffed a couple times. Seeing him like this and knowing it was because of me makes me want to beat myself up.

"Luke..." I said again but then before I could comprehend everything, Luke turned around with much anger clear on his tear-filled eyes and he raised up a fist which then collided hard with my cheek, making me stumble backward.

I quickly regained my composure and looked at Luke with a surprised expression. His face is full of anger though, the hurt is still evident in his eyes. I fully understand his actions though, because I know it's my fault. I was just really surprised that he actually did something like this.

"Luke..." I said as I tried to come near to him but he stepped backward and then turned away from me and ran to his apartment door.

I quickly followed him and I almost bumped into their door as he slammed it close. Luckily I was able to stop it from closing and followed him inside.

Michael and Calum were in the living room and they quickly stood up from the couch as they saw Luke angrily rushing towards his room with me following and calling after him.