36

sorry it took so long for me to update. got a little caught with many things. hope you enjoy this one. 

---

"Luke?"

I closed my eyes as I stopped walking then breathed out as I opened them again and turned around and said, "Mother."

I gotta admit, seeing her again after what happened feels really strange. She gave me a small smile, and despite wanting to say that it was a fake one, I can't because it wasn't.

"What do you want?" I asked, keeping a straight face.

"Can we talk?" She asked back carefully.

"No. I'm in a hurry," I said as I turned away from her.

"Please, Luke."

"I said no. I have somewhere to go and more important things to do than talk to you. In case you haven't heard, my boyfriend got shot yesterday and is here in the hospital right now," I said without turning back to look at her.

"I know. Your dad told me. That's also why I need to talk to you. Please, Luke. Just hear me out. Ten minutes. That's all I ask."

I closed my eyes in both annoyance and frustration because why can't I just be hard and cold enough and just don't give in to that? But still, she's my mother and despite what she did, I still do have respect for her, so I opened my eyes, breathed out, and said, "Fine. Just ten minutes."

"Thank you. Well, there's a coffee shop across the street."

"Okay. Let's go and let's get this over with," I said as I walked past her and headed to the said coffee shop which was just directly across the street.

As soon as we were inside, we both stayed at a table away from the door to have a little privacy. A waitress then approached us and my mother ordered her usual coffee while I didn't order anything because I don't really intend on staying longer than I have to. She only asked 10 minutes so that's what I will just be giving her.

"Thank you really for this, Luke. I've really been meaning to talk to you. How are you though?"

"Let's just cut to the chase, mom. Why do you wanna talk to me?"

My mother sighed then said, "To apologize, Luke. I'm sorry for what I did and everything that I said to you."

Wait. Did I hear her right? She wants to apologize? That's weird. But I didn't let that get to me and I kept my blank face as I said, "Really? Is that genuine or you're just doing that to keep up with your 'good image?'"

"Luke, no. I really am sorry for what I said to you. There was no excuse for my actions. I was mean. I was being close-minded. I was inconsiderate. I was being very judgmental. I'm so sorry, Luke. Ashton was right. I am your mother and I should be the first one to accept you. I should be the one who tells you that it's okay. I should be telling you how proud I am of you and that I love you but, instead, I threw you out of the house. I really am very sorry about that, Luke, and I wish I could take it all back."

"Well, you can't."

"I know and I am so sorry. I understand if you can't forgive me but please believe me that I really do regret what I did. I hope one day you'll find it in your heart to forgive me." She then smiled small at me then continued, "Well, I got to say, Luke, I don't really understand everything yet, but I am willing to learn and try to understand, just so I can know you better. You are my son. I am your mother, so I should be the first one to know you and be there for you through everything."

I stayed quiet for a bit as I ran what my mother just said in my head. Then I breathed out and looked at my mom in the eyes and said, "Well, I'm sorry too, mom, if I said things that weren't so nice."