26

hello. so, i managed to finish this chapter. it's kind of filler (again, i know. i'm sorry). but i promise exciting, important, and well thrilling things will happen the next chapters. that's basically why i did my best to finish this chapter so i can start writing the next ones. hehe. so, yeah, this is like a bit long but i hope you enjoy this one. :)

---

It's just a week left for uni and we can all go home for Christmas. I am kinda excited. I haven't been home since uni started despite it being just a few hours away. I missed my family and well, I get to see my brothers too. I haven't seen them since last year and they'll both be home for Christmas. So I'm really excited about going home.

It's Saturday today, so I have no class and I have no work. I'm on my way back to the apartment after going to the store to buy some supplies. I'm driving Calum's car as he just stayed home, playing video games with Niall.

Ashton and Michael are in the city to meet up with their friends in their shop. But they will be coming over to the apartment when they get home. We all decided on a movie night. Since Michael's birthday, the five of us haven't really had hung out. We decided to spend the weekend with all five of us together because we'd all be going home next week. We might not be able to hang out before going home for Christmas.

I parked the car in Calum's usual spot, next to Ashton's spot which is still empty at the moment. I got off the car then went to open the backseat door to get the supplies I bought. It wasn't much, just three bags of mostly junk food and some beer for tonight.

I managed to carry all the bags in my arms and I headed inside the building, straight to the elevator, and rode up to my floor. I hummed a song softly as I walked towards my apartment door and knocked on it as I can't really grab the knob. Just a few seconds later, it was opened and I was met by Niall's smiling face.

"Here, lemme help ya," he said as he reached for the bags in my hand and took them from me and carried them into the kitchen.

I closed the door behind me and walked over to Calum who is sitting on the couch in the living room, munching on the chocolate bar while watching the movie playing in front of him. He looked up at me as I approached him and he beamed as he watched me take a seat next to him.

"Did you get me some Doritos?" he asked.

"Yes, Calum Hood, I did. It's in the bag. Go get it yourself."

He beamed once again then stood up from the couch and hurried to the kitchen. Niall then joined me on the couch and he said as he sat down, "So what time will Ashton and Michael will be here?"

"Maybe in an hour. Not really sure. Why? Are you excited to see them?" I said teasingly.

Niall rolled his eyes but smiled after, and said, "I'm just excited for the beer."

I chuckled, "So how's life treating you, Niall?"

Niall shrugged, "Okay, I guess. There hasn't been much drama since you and Ashton."

"Oh, so you're saying that Ashton and I are the ones bringing the drama in your life?"

Niall chuckled, "Kind of, but in a good way, I guess. I mean, the things that happened are exciting."

"You mean us broken up are exciting?"

"Stop twisting my words, Lucas!" Niall groaned. "That's not what I meant."

I laughed, "That's basically how you said it."

"No, that wasn't. But to tell you honestly, you and Ashton broken up made me really sad."