6

Super late update and I am so sorry. I got caught up with work and stuff. But as soon as I get everything under control and stuff will go back to normal, I will do my best to update as often as I can. Well, anyway, here's a new chapter that I hope you would enjoy. :)

---

It's been a few weeks already since that night that Ashton kissed me and made me promise to forget about Andrew. It was a really nice gesture from him, and I really appreciate it. Who would've thought he'd do that?

Ashton is a really hard to read kind of person. You'd never know what he'd do or what he'd say. He keeps surprising me with these little unexpected things that he does which also leaves me confused. I still couldn't quite understand why is he doing all of these nice things to me when he was the who was so against us being friends or being close before.

The worst thing is that, with every little thing he does for me, I feel a lot things for him.

I can't control it. Ashton is just...I don't know...there's just something in him that pulls me in. The way he talks; the way he does things; the way he judges everything: he's like a mystery that I want to unravel, only I just can't. I can't let myself fall into this trap.

I am aware that I am growing feelings for Ashton. I am trying my best to at least hide them and push them away. But only, it's just so difficult with him always being around. He's always driving me everywhere. Always doings for me even it I don't ask him to or didn't want him to. Everywhere I look he's there that sometimes I think I might be hallucinating.

I understand that me having feelings for him is not healthy for me so I decided to subtly avoid him at any chance I get. But there are always these instances that I don't have the chance to avoid.

I'm at the café that I'm working at. As usual, I am doing some of my assignments in advance to kill time as I waited for my shift to start.

I was tapping my foot along to the beat of a Fall Out Boy song and singing along softly once in a while, as I scribbled some answers in my notebook. I then noticed someone sit on the chair opposite mine at my table. I looked up and saw Ashton sipping his coffee, casually. I just watched all his actions and him in general as I try my best to hide my adoration for him.

His hair is up in a bun again and he's wearing a black muscle tee and black skinny jeans, paired with his black boots. He wears his usual blank expression and cold gaze.

I eventually looked away from him to prevent myself to get consumed by him. He didn't say anything and just sat there, drinking his coffee while doing whatever it is on his phone.

I tried to get my focus back on my assignment and pretend he isn't there. Suddenly, another person approached our table. I looked up and a grinning Michael – who now has bright red hair – is looking down at me, holding his smoothie.

I smiled at him as I pulled one earphone out, "You wanna take a seat?"

"Sure," he said as he pulled a chair from the other table to ours. As he was settled, he took a sip of his smoothie then placed it on the table and said, "So, I didn't know you two hang out."

"We don't." I said, at the same time Ashton said, "So?"

Michael just gave him a quick glance then turned to me with a smile, "What's that you're doing?"

"Oh, I'm just finishing up some assignments in advance."

"Oh...sucks. I hate doing shit. Well anyway, why do it here?"

"I'm kinda waiting for my shift. I work here."

"Oh...is that so?"

"Yeah," I gave him a small smile then went back into writing.