15

this is a super late update, and again i'm sorry...i got really sick by the second half of December that was why i wasn't able to update...this fic is already super delayed with the timeline and stuff, but please bear with me...

anyway, the boys' halloween costume is at the top/side bc i am so lazy to describe and well, i'm not that creative and the boy's appearance in this fic is basically during the 2015-2016 era, so i just use this costume bc it also fits...

---

"The Halloween party's tomorrow and we still don't have a costume," Calum said as he slumped down on the couch next to me, handing me a bottle of beer.

I quickly send my text to Ashton and put down my phone and took the beer from Calum, thanking him.

"Who are you always texting anyway? You're always on your phone." Calum pointed out.

"Just because I'm always on my phone, Calum, it doesn't mean that I am always texting," I told my best friend, and yeah, I'm a little bit defensive.

"You know, I think, Ashton really has rubbed off on you since you have been hanging out with him a lot lately," Calum stated.

I turned to look at Calum and then I laughed and said, "Is that jealousy I smell?"

"What are you talking about, Lucas?"

"Well, the way you said that it's as if you are implying that I spend more time with Ashton than with you."

"Well you kinda are," Calum murmured but I clearly heard it.

"You also spend a lot of time with Michael than me," I stated.

"That is because you and Ashton spend more time together," Calum argued.

I went to argue but then stopped myself and thought about what Calum said. Do Ashton and I really spend most of our time together? Are we stealing each other from our best friends?

Ashton and I are boyfriends and it is pretty normal for boyfriends to spend most of their time together but our best friends still do not know the real deal between us.

I really feel so guilty right now and I don't know what to do. I can't tell Calum the truth yet. I need a perfect timing.

I was too caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice my phone ringing on the couch in between me and Calum until Calum said, "Ashton is calling you, Lucas."

"What?" I asked Calum in a confused tone.

Calum rolled his eyes playfully then picked up my phone and handed it to me with a knowing look and said, "Phone ringing. Ashton calling."

"Oh..." Was all I said as I took my phone from Calum and answered Ashton's call.

"Hello?" I said into the receiver.

"Hey, baby...where are you?" Ashton asked.

"At home. In my living room, sitting on the couch next to Calum," I answered.

Ashton chuckled from the other end of the line, "Well that is very detailed but good to know."

"Oh...hehe. Well, why'd you call? Do you need anything?"

"No, not really. I was just checking up on you since you didn't reply to my text anymore."

"I did," I said in a confused tone because I was pretty sure I was able to send my reply to him.

"Nope. You didn't."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"It's ok, baby...I just got worried, that's why I called."