24

hello! finally able to update! enjoy! :)

---

"You'll be going to the doctor today?" I asked Ashton as we had lunch at the diner outside the campus.

"Yeah...I got my follow-up check-up today. Hopefully, I can get this off because I'm already getting too tired of wearing this every day for weeks now," Ashton responded, showing his hand.

I chuckled at what he said, "I wish I can go with you, though."

"Me too, baby, but you have to prioritize uni. You have to make up for the days that you missed."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm sorry."

"I should be the one apologizing for that."

"Oh, come on, Ash, stop saying that. I don't like you always blaming yourself about everything bad that happens between us. Me missing my classes was my decision and my doing."

Ashton stared at me for a moment from across the table, then he said, "Ok, baby."

I smiled at him and said, "Just call me or text me after your appointment at the hospital, then maybe we can have dinner tonight? Just the two of us."

"Really? You wanna go out on a dinner date with me tonight?"

"Of course. You're my boyfriend, why won't I want to go out on a dinner date with you?"

Ashton chuckled, "I'd love that, baby. But how about your work?"

"I'll get off early and make up for it on Monday. I just want to go out on a real date with you. Well, not necessarily the fancy kind, because you know I'm not into the fancy stuff. I just want to spend some quality time with you, doing couple stuff, since you know, we're not really hiding now."

Ashton smiled, showing his adorable set of dimples, "I'd love to do anything with you, baby, and I'm really looking forward to going out on a date with you tonight."

"Just not fancy, though. Please. We can just eat at McDonald's, I'm gonna be fine with that. Just as long as I'm with you, everything is ok."

"Now you're being cheesy again."

I rolled my eyes playfully at Ashton, making him chuckle and throw fries at me. I gaped at him in surprise and then said, "I'd let you get away with that right now because we're at a diner and I don't wanna draw attention, but you better watch out, Irwin."

Ashton just laughed as he said, "You're so hot, you know that, baby?"

I felt my cheeks heat up. It's an involuntary reaction I always tend to do whenever Ashton say stuff like this without warning. He chuckled at me so I said, changing the topic, "So, who'll be driving you to the hospital?"

"Michael. He'd meet me at the front of the building of your next class. So, you don't have to worry, because I won't be driving myself."

"Just making sure, you know. You tend to be very stubborn."

"Well, lucky you, I always listen to you."

I chuckled, "I don't know how to feel about that, to be honest."

"Why?"

"Well, it may sound like that I'm a controlling son of a bitch, you know."

Ashton shook his head with an amused smile, "You're beautiful, kind, and everything nice."

"You're making me look like a saint."

"At least not making you look like a 'controlling son of a bitch,' you know."