23.2

here is the second part of Chapter 23 and now in Luke's P.O.V.

enjoy! ;)

---

luke

To say that the party we had for Michael was the best is even an understatement. It wasn't just because it was really fun but the fact that it was Ashton who planned and lead everything for this to happen is something that I will forever be grateful and happy about.

I can clearly see just by the look on Michael's face when we came out from the house with Harry carrying the cake and their old friends with us. He wasn't even able to stop his tears from falling and anyone can say that they were happy tears as the wide smile never left his face.

I looked at Ashton as he recorded everything in his camera and a fond smile also took over my face as I see him with the colors of his eyes shining and the light in his smile so bright.

Ashton turned his attention to me, still with that bright smile on his face. I walked over to him and wrapped an arm around his shoulders as I pressed a kiss on his cheek. He leaned his body to me as he continued recording and I tightened my hold around him.

"Hey, baby, can you please do me a little favor?" he asked.

"Of course, what is it?"

"Can you please tie my hair? It keeps falling on my face."

I chuckled as I nodded as he is so adorable. I took the hair tie from his wrist and gently pulled his hair away from his face and tied it up in a bun at the back of his head.

"Thank you, baby," he said with a smile.

"You're welcome," I responded as we both continued to watch Michael blowing out his candles and obviously being so happy with his surprise guests.

Ashton turned his camera off after the candle blowing and turned to me with a smile. I gave a last glance to Michael while he introduced Casey, Iain, Rena, and Nia to Calum. I smiled then looked at my boyfriend and said, "This is really amazing. Everything that you did for Michael today."

"It's the least I can do for him. It isn't even enough for all the times and important occasions for him that I missed."

"It's ok, you still have a lot more chances to make up for it, and I'm sure Michael understands why you did what you did before."

Ashton smiled then took hold of my hand and led me back inside the house. We made our way into the kitchen and he sat down on one of the barstools by the counter. I didn't copy his actions but instead, I went to stand in between his legs and pulled my hand away from his to wrap my arms around his shoulders.

"Thank you to you too," Ashton softly said.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and said, "For what?"

"If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have been able to realize the terrible things that I have done. I wouldn't realize how bad I am as a friend to all of them."

I let out a huff and held Ashton's face and said with a smile, "Babe...I got nothing to do about all that. It's all you. But you know what will make me happy?"

"What is it?"

"If you start giving yourself more credit. You have no idea how beautiful you are as a person, Ash. And I am not just talking about your amazingly good looks," I told my boyfriend as I looked straight into his eyes to show him my sincerity.

He smiled small at me and said, "I wish I can believe what you just said."

I pressed my lips against his and kissed him softly and I said as I pulled away, "Then I won't stop telling you and reminding you that until you will finally be able to believe that. Ashton, I may not have told you this before, but you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. You have no idea how much you have done for me to change my life for the better. If it wasn't for you, I won't be able to fully accept who I really am and I won't ever have the courage to be myself and be proud of it. You helped me realize my worth."