30

hello, y'all! i'm sorry for another late update, but here it is and i hope you'll enjoy this one! :)

also, a change in P.O.V. because I had to. hehe. enjoy!

---

*third person*

The entire drive home was silent. The car is filled with strong tension and Jack was clearly uncomfortable about it as he sat in the backseat. He was glancing between Luke and Ashton but stayed quiet.

Luke focused on his driving but his mind is full of questions and he is very much worried about Ashton. He is very scared too. He is not scared at Ashton because he knows Ashton would never hurt him. He is more scared of what could possibly happen to Ashton when he is angry. He might hurt himself again.

He gotta have to admit, he has never seen Ashton that angry nor that violent. Yes, he is aware that he can be like that but he has never witnessed any of his violent acts before and that's what scares him to hell. It was the first time ever that he has seen with his own eyes how angry Ashton can get and what he can do when he is angry. He could definitely hurt anyone and himself in the process.

And one of the worst things about what just happened today is that he doesn't even understand how and why did that happen. What triggered Ashton? Who was that guy he beat up? Who were those people? A lot of questions are floating in his mind right now and he has no idea how to get the answers for them. He doesn't want to push Ashton's temper even more.

Also, and more importantly, he is so worried about Ashton and how he is feeling right now.

As they reached their home, Luke parked the car on the driveway but didn't make a move of getting off the vehicle nor say anything. Ashton also just stayed put and just focused his attention out the window. Jack on the other hand sighed and said, "I, uh...I'll just go ahead."

Luke looked at him and nodded his head and gave him an apologetic smile. Jack smiled small at his brother before opening the car door and getting off. As he was gone, Luke turned to look at Ashton who still didn't say anything or make a move. He sighed and decided to be the one to break the silence.

"Ash?" He started, but Ashton didn't respond. Luke reached out and took Ashton's hand in his and he gasped as he saw the blood on his knuckles.

Ashton tried to pull his hand away but Luke refused to let go and just stared at Ashton with a very worried expression. This time, Ashton turned to look at him. His face held an unreadable expression as he stared at Luke.

"Ash..." Luke said again.

"Let's just go inside. Please," Ashton said.

"Okay."

Ashton pulled his hand away from Luke's hold, making the younger one's heart to ache. He stepped out of the car and Luke just watched him with a sad expression before he did the same himself. They both headed inside the house in silence and Ashton just kept his head down as he walked past Ben and Jack who was in the living room.

Luke glanced at his brothers and he gave them a small smile as he gave them a silent message that he is going to go with Ashton. His brothers understood him right away and they both nodded their heads with reassuring smiles. Feeling a bit of relief from his brothers being understanding, he followed Ashton upstairs to his room.

As he entered his bedroom, he found his boyfriend standing in the middle of his room, back towards him, head hung low, and holding a tight grip on his cellphone. Luke frowned and softly closed the door and locked it before he looked at Ashton and quietly said, "Ash?"