23.3

surprise, surprise! a third part of Chapter 23 and it's on Ashton's P.O.V. ;)

a little warning though, a bit of smut at the end part...enjoy!

---

ashton

After spending some nice time with Luke by the beach, we both decided to go back to the party as the people are having so much more fun with the performance from Mike and "his band" is giving. Their "concert" - as what Mike addresses it - has become the highlight of the night and everyone at the house is now surrounding them, watching them, and singing along with them. It was absolutely beautiful to watch, especially seeing my best friend having such a great time. It was all I ever wanted.

Luke went to join Harry and Louis in the front row of the performers' audience who were sitting down at the lawn right in front of the little stage. I, on the other hand, chose to stay on the couch by the poolside and watch the band continue to play some familiar songs. A smile never left my face as I watch my friends and family have so much fun and all together.

"So, this is a really nice party," Casey said as he sat down next to me on the couch.

"Are you having fun?" I asked him with a smile.

"So much fun."

"Good."

Casey chuckled then took a sip from his red cup before he asked, "Not drinking?"

"Nope. I shouldn't," I responded.

Casey looked at me for a moment then nodded in understanding before he turned his attention back to the show our friends are having. We stayed like that as we watched the band perform another song.

"Thank you, Ash," Casey suddenly said, making me look at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"For what?" I asked, confused.

"For what you did today. I know it was for Michael, but it also meant a lot for us."

"You don't have to thank me, Casey. I fucked up and what I did to all of you was unacceptable. I know I can't change what I did and I am really sorry for it, but I hope I can still make up for it."

"You already did, Ash. The moment you came back into the shop."

I smiled small at what Casey said as I threw my gaze down on the floor.

"I know it wasn't that easy for you to do, but somehow you did it and you really can't describe how proud and happy we are for you for finally coming back," Casey added.

"You know, I am the one who should be thanking you for still being there for me despite everything that I did," I told Casey, looking back at him.

"We're friends, Ash and friends are always there for each other through thick and thin."

I smiled at my friend and said, "I'm not really the expressive kind, but I hope you all know how much you all mean to me."

Casey patted my shoulder then gave me a reassuring smile.

"I would like to thank my best friend," Michael's loud voice sounded, making both me and Casey look at the direction of the little stage only to see everyone looking right back at our direction. "Ashton, man," Michael continued, "Thank you for this amazing day. I love you, man!"

I smiled at Michael then said, "Love you too, man!"

Everyone applauded and my eyes landed on a beautiful pair of blue ones that have become my safe place. I smiled at Luke and he mouthed me the words 'I love you,' making me smile wider at him. Harry then stood up from where he was sitting then went up the little stage and said, "Well, I'd hate to take the spotlight, but this night won't end without me singing at least one song."