41

hello, beautiful creatures!
it's been months, i know, but i hope you're all still here 😅
well, here's chapter 41, enjoy! ♥️

---

luke

“Andrew Sawyer, 21 years old and son of businessman, Gregory Sawyer, was arrested from his house this morning after a statement was made by Ashton Irwin, 20 years old and the son of lawyer, Isaac Irwin and the late French chef,  restaurateur, and businesswoman, Marie-Anne Loreau. He was the victim of the shooting that happened at a Sydney Highway on New Year’s Eve. Along with a statement of an anonymous witness, the handgun used in the shooting was also found in Sawyer’s house…” the news on the TV continued as it played the arrest made on Andrew from his house today.

We are now back in our apartment and Ashton made his police statement yesterday as Derek also gave his statement anonymously for protection. As he didn’t participate in the crime, he won’t be charged for anything, but he had to keep his identity private as to not risk any chances of Andrew getting back to him in one way or another.

With all evidence gathered pointing at Andrew, he will be charged for the crime as well as the other people who were with him that day. For now, we are waiting for the schedule of Andrew’s first appearance in court where he will be charged of his crimes and will be sentenced. Isaac will be coming over today here at Ashton and Michael’s apartment to get us all the details of what is going to happen.

“He should stay in jail forever,” Calum, who has just gotten back from Melbourne this morning, expressed as he sat down on the couch next to Niall who also just arrived last night. He was supposed to be back a few days before but he said they had encountered a bit of problems back in Dublin that caused them delays.

“Can we do that? Like, make him stay in jail forever? Because the world doesn’t need people like him roaming around freely,” Niall asked innocently.

“No, we can’t, Niall. That wouldn’t be fair to him either,” Ashton told his friend as he joined us in the living room.

“He’s a bad person,” Niall reasoned.

“But it doesn’t mean that we should condemn him. He’s still a human being. He has rights and he still does deserve a chance.”

Niall pouted at what Ashton said. I chuckled at his reaction yet also understanding why he wanted it that way. But I am also proud of Ashton for being the good person that he is, that despite what Andrew did to him and to us all, he didn’t hate him nor hold a grudge against him.
Ashton then proceeded to sit down next to me on the couch and I smiled at him as he settled himself, making sure his arm that is still in a shoulder sling is placed comfortably in front of him. “How are you feeling?” I asked him quietly.

“Good, actually. I mean, I am glad that Andrew will now be answering for all the bad things that he’s done and I hope he would actually be able to, you know, change after this.”

“Yeah...It’s really sad how a person can be capable of doing such things like hurting others. Do you think there’s still salvation for him?”

“There’s always salvation for everyone, baby, but we need to actually let ourselves take that chance.”

I nodded, “Yeah, you’re right.”

“So, what are your plans now?” Calum asked us, making both Ashton and I to look at him.

“On what?” I asked back as I watched him turn the TV off.

“I mean, Andrew’s going to jail now so like pretty much most of our problems are solved. So like, what now?”