39•

• James POV •

I was downstairs helping my mom cook while Maddi was taking a shower. I was prepared to hear this lecture I'd been avoiding since she told me I had to come to Ohio to visit her.

I felt bad for Chelsea and that's the only reason why I came.

"You know that girl is really good to you." she told me. I nodded, I knew that. She's my girl, of course I do, but if I said that she'd punch the shit out of me...

"Yes, ma'am." Was all I responded with, just to be respectful. "What's up with you and Caucasian women?" She finally asked. I turned around and rolled my eyes. Here we go.

"They don't carry as much drama, and I just like them better." I said. She shook her head, "I have nothing against that race, but you never date girls your own race." she told me. I used the knife that was next to where I was and stabbed the table my hand was on. She didn't see it, or I hope she didn't.

"Why are you so judgemental?" I asked in a playful tone. She laughed, like she actually thought I was joking. Too bad I wasn't. "What's your plan with this one?" She asked.

Maddi. She's a beautiful young woman, normally I wouldn't date someone seven years younger than me or even four, but she's different. I mean, all girls are the same, but she drew me in. I'd like the have something serious with her, but she's only gonna be willing to do that if there was no Carter.

I respect her and her choices, like I thought, she's a young woman, and her whole life is ahead of her. She's in love with that guy. "I don't know, it's up to her." I shrugged, not wanting my mom in my business. She stood in front of me and I smiled at her.

"What?" I laughed.

She hit me upside my hand with her open palm and I laughed again, "You don't wanna fight me!" I joked. I put up my fists and pretended to swing at her.

"Let's go, mama." I challenged. She laughed, "I'll hurt you."

I punched her in the arm softly. She grabbed a spatula and swung at me with it. I ran out the kitchen and she chased me. Maddi walked out of the bathroom and her eyes widened when she spotted me running. She looked terrified.

I grabbed her shoulders and put her in front of me as a shield. She laughed nervously.

I drug her to my room and when we got there I pushed her against the door, locking it in the process. "You should've waited for me to take a shower." I flirted.

It's funny how people flirt even though they're dating, but if they don't the relationship would be boring.

I kissed her neck and started sucking on the collar bone. I didn't do it hard enough to leave a mark. I respect her too much to do that, but if I did leave a mark it would be only where I can see it.

I know a lot of girls are misjudged when they have those. Being an almost officer, I've seen a lot of women get interrogated and if they have hickies they're categorized as whore.

She moaned semi loudly, but I covered her mouth with mine. "Let's go eat." I laughed pulling away. We walked downstairs and I smelled the chilli I was supposed to be making.

At the table, my mom spoke to Maddi about how I was in Virginia the whole time. She looked nervous, but as long as she looked comfortable it didn't matter.

"Does your parents know you're in Ohio?" She asked her, I could see she was uncomfortable at the moment. I kicked Chelsea underneath the table, "This is really good." she butted it.

She glared at me when our mama smiled and got up. "You owe me twenty dollars now." She said, "let's add all that up," she added counting on her fingers, "Oh look, seventy dollars." she smirked sticking up the middle finger.

I grabbed my phone and took a picture, "Fifty now." I smirked at her. She rolled her eyes, "Show her I don't care."

I knew she was only fronting, if I showed my mom this she'd probably kill Chelsea.

"We're going to go out." I called out to my mom. "Please, let me go with you." Chelsea begged. "I would, but I owe you fifty dollars." I shrugged messing with her. "Omg, forty five." she groaned. I laughed and motioned for her to go get dressed.

***

"Are your eyes covered?" Maddi asked. "Yes." I spoke, they were. I had both hands over my eyes and Chelsea was just sitting beside me typing away on her phone. "Okay, count to three then open." she demanded.

I counted to three in my head and when I moved my hands I saw Maddi smiling really hard. I let my jaw fall and I gawked at Maddi. "Do you not like it? Because if you don't that's just too bad because only my opinion matters and it's my hair." she babbled. I shook my head.

"'You look so fucking good!" I exaggerated. She did look good and I did mean that. I know how girls feel when guys don't give that type of expression to them. She smiled and I put my arms out. She quickly placed herself in them and kissed me.

"Thank you, baby." she said resting her forehead against mine. "I just thought I'd change it up, I was kind of tired of the whole long hair with purple ends." she babbled again. I kissed her so she would be quiet. Her hair was really short, like it barely touched her shoulders and it was a light brown colour.

After we got back to my mom's house, when we walked in my mom touched Maddi's hair. She smiled showing off somewhat of a dimple. "We're leaving in three days." I told my mom. She nodded, "I hope you had a great time here, Maddi." My mom said. She smiled and nodded, "I had a really great time."

I grabbed her hand and took her away from my family and up to my room.

"We've only had sex once." Maddi blurted. I laughed, not to embarrass her or anything, but just because that was unexpected. I wondered how many times she had sex with Carter. "Sorry, we can have sex when we get back." I joked.

She rolled her eyes playfully. "Haha, James, but I'm serious. Every time we get in the mood we get interrupted and last time- something bad just happened." she muttered. I grabbed her waist and pulled her into me. "That's good because our relationship isn't based off sex." I shrugged.

She shook her head, "It kind of is. Think about it, we only announced our feelings for each other because we had sex."

I shook my head, "Are you drunk? Did my mom sneak some alcohol in your drink?" I joked again. She laughed, "No, but I want a drink." she shrugged.

"I promise you we can do all this when we get back in Virginia."

I wouldn't ever do anything as far as sex is involved where my moms' near and that's sort of why I keep messing up the moment, but last time wasn't my fault. I just couldn't let her do that.

I don't think she really understood that concept because she is a foster child and doesn't understand how I think, I am not judging her because of that either.

"Promise?" She teased. I nodded, laughing, and kissed her cheek.

00000000000000000000000000

I've got a new updating pattern :))) ill update every other day for now on but I don't update on weekends okay ???

Anyways :) I love you guys don't forget to vote & comment

Also a lot of you think James is up to something , I promise you guys have no reason to dislike him :)) Hes a really good person but you'll all see soon anyways :D