27•

• Maddi POV •

"Tyler!" I called out. Within a couple seconds I heard foot steps, then she appeared. "Oh my God! I thought you died!" She exclaimed.

"Mrs. Martin stopped by to see if you were doing fine because you lost the case and she would come by every day just to see if you were alright, but you were always never here and I thought you like died or something because you never answered my calls and then it just started going straight to voicemail and I was going to go out and look for you, but Mrs. Martin told me to give you some time to come back. She wouldn't let me go look for you, and you know I really can't drive and Justin is coming back today because he was on a business trip to the Himalayas or something like that and when he got back in town, we were going to do some things I can't tell you then we were going to go look for you." She rambled.

After she finished speaking she took in a long breath. "Anyways, how are you?" She asked. I smiled, "Honestly, not really good at all, but I can't change anything." I said, "Where have you been?" She asked me.

"0 gI was just out, I just needed some space." I lied, "You left the car. Where were you?" she asked. I frowned, I didn't feel like talking. "I didn't need it, I walked." I lied.
Pp
At some point I did.

"Well, you look drained so I'm going to let you do whatever you want, I have to get ready." she said. I nodded and went to my room. I laid down on my bed, it literally felt like rocks compared to Carter's bed. I sighed and got up, my back felt like shit. Being pregnant isn't just an escape from your period, it's way worse. Ten times the cramps, my back is always sore and I'm not even that long into pregnancy.

I was about to walk to the bathroom, but my phone rang. I picked it up and went to the bathroom.

"Hello?" I spoke, it was Carter. "Hey, I really have to speak to you." he said, he seemed really happy. I smiled, a real smile for the first time in forever. I loved hearing his happy voice.

"Yeah, well I just got home." I said, he laughed. "I'll take you home after we finish doing something." He said. "What are you doing?"

I looked around, I could lie and say something, but no. "I'm on the toilet." I shrugged. His voice bombarded my ears as he cackled loudly. I smiled even wider, "So we're that couple now, when we talk on the phone while we're on the toilet?" He stated. "Yeah, obviously." I said.

"Hey, make sure you're wearing something fancy and I'm going to be there in a second." He said, "No, I'm not going anywhere, but to bed." I snapped. "I'll be there in a little." he said.

"Have fun sitting outside because I'm not opening the door. I hope your toes freeze off." I said before I hung up.

I got up and washed my hands, I filled up the sink with hot water and sat on the counter and put my foot in the water. I leaned back and closed my eyes, if he actually did come, I'd only make him sit outside for like five minutes, I love him too much to make his toes freeze off.

I heard the front door open. I remember Tyler said she was going out with Justin so she wasn't going to be here until later and we're the only ones besides Mrs. Martin who have keys. "Hello?" I called out, it could be Mrs. Martin.

No one responded, I heard a door open and close, it was probably Tyler's because my room is right across from the bathroom and the sound was further away. I looked down at the door, I locked it and quietly got down. I reached for my phone and called Carter.

He answered within the second ring, "Are you going to let me in now?" He asked. "Shut up, Carter. Someone's in my apartment." I whispered. I could hear him cover his mouth and he laughed, "Okay, stay in the bathroom." He told me.