11•

• Maddi POV •

"Who are you?" he questioned looking me up and down. That literally broke my heart. I really hoped he was kidding.

"Mason, quit. You're making me look bad." I told him. He gave me the evillest glare in man kind. "I do not care about how I am making you look. I do not know who you are and you need to get out of my space before you regret coming in this building." he snapped, my eyes just widened.

"Mason-" "Why are you calling me that!? It's obviously not my name if I didn't respond the first times." he spat. I didn't say anything I mean, what was there to say? This obviously isn't my brother.

I walked over to the woman, stormed over actually. I'm pretty sure I carried some heavy winds. "What the fuck did you do to my brother!?" I yelled. She looked shocked, "What are you saying about?" She questioned. I slammed my hand on the table creating a loud echo making everyone stop and stare at me.

"Stop feeding me your shit, what the hell is wrong with him, why doesn't he fucking remember me!?" I yelled in her face. I felt someone tugging me back.

I looked over at Mason, my little brother, and he had that look on his face. Not one from two years ago, but he had an evil look of confusion mixed with guilt and anger. I watched everyone stare at me as I was drug out.

"You don't know when to stop do you, little girl?" Mrs. Martin fussed. They'd put me in a holding cell. "Why would you do that?"

"Look, he didn't remember me." I told her. "Maddi, it's been two years." She reminded me. I nodded, "but we've been with each other longer than that. He should know who I am." I told her. She shook her head, "that woman did something to him." I added. She shook her head again.

"If you're not going to get me out of here then you might as well just go." I mumbled. She sighed and left. One of the guards walked in and smirked at me. "You're so bad." He laughed while pulling up a chair and taking a seat. If I'd been lying, I'd say he was hideous to look at, but no. He was really attractive.

He had dark skin, he looked in his early twenties, and he was really cute. I rolled my eyes and sat down. "When it comes to my family." I trailed. He flashed me a smile. And his smile was perfect. "What is your case anyways?" He asked.

-to clear up any further confusion for the future of this book , he is African American-

"That's none of your concern." I stated casually. He shook his head smiling at me. "Nah it ain't, but I'm in charge of you for the next four to five hours and I decide whether or not you get a phone call." He shrugged. I huffed and slumped back. "Start whenever." He added, sitting back also and getting comfortable.

"Our patents died in a fire eight years ago." I began. I told him everything, how the fire started and all. He shook his head. "Fires don't start from just burnt food. They don't spread that quickly." He comfirmed. I'd thought that at one point, but they're dead. There's not much I can do about the fire anymore.

"I think it was planned. That crazy- that woman with your brother probably started it so she could get Mason. I mean, you said he doesn't remember you and she was automatically rude from the beginning. She brainwashed your brother." He spoke his thoughts aloud. They sounded absolutely ridiculous to me.

"Can I get a call now?" I asked. He nodded and let me out. My first instinct was to punch him in the gut and kick his ass, one I cannot fight, two that shit only happens in movies, and three I was kidding. He smiled at me as I made my way to the phone. Him and that smile...

I dialed Tyler's number. Then I remembered she didn't have the car... She answered after a couple rings. "I always thought you'd go to jail." She joked. "How'd you know it was me?" I asked. "You're the only one that would get arrested and the only one I know. I'll call your friend, Sadie." She said. I nodded even though she couldn't see me and hung up.

***

"Alright Ms. Snap snap. You're free." The guy said. I looked at his name tag.

James.

I nodded and walked out, he grabbed my arm. "Here, if you ever wanna talk about the case. I'll always help you. I'm on your side." He told me handing me a business card. "Have a good day and have fun with your boyfriend, but not too much fun." He joked. I was utterly confused. How'd he know I had a boyfriend and why'd he think I had a boyfriend, because I don't.

I walked around the corner and saw Carter. Why the fuck would Tyler call him? She said Sadie...

"I know I'm the last person you wanna see at the moment, but Sadie and Matthew had a date when you called. I was out with Sasha, but I dropped her off at home which wasn't too far and your friend called Sadie and asked her to pick you up." He rambled. I wanted to press my lips into his to shut him up.

So I did.

I'm kidding, I didnt... but I desperately wanted to feel his lips on mine. "I have nothing to say to you, I don't need a ride. I just needed to be bailed out. How much?" I spoke. He furrowed his eyebrows. "How much did you pay to get me out for?" I asked him. "Don't worry about it." He shrugged. I shook my head, "I'll pay you back, how much?" I asked again. He wasn't anything to me at the moment, I should pay him back.

He shrugged and walked to his car. I followed him out because my car was close to his. Okay, if I don't pay him back now, I'll just pay him back later.

-by getting on them knees and... praying... yall Lil nashties-

"Maddi." He called out. I stopped and turned around.

'Dating Sasha is the stupidest thing I could ever do. I broke up with her a month ago and I love you and only you.' Is what I wanted him to say, but no.

"Can I please have a hug?" He asked. Close enough?

I sighed as he walked over to me without an answer. He grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. I didn't hug back, but I nuzzled my face into his neck taking in his scent.

After that he smirked and got in his car. I watched him drive away before doing so myself.

Once I got to out apartment I saw Tyler sitting on the floor doing some weird pose with nail polish in her hand. I scoffed at her.

"Skank." She said. "Bitch." I said walking to my room.

I got out the ugly ass clothes quickly and laid into bed. Under wear and all.

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

I love your guys comments lol I'm going through a hard time at the moment and reading your responses just make it all better I really appreciate you guys and I love you more than Zayn Malik and anyone else. ♡♡♡