42•

• Maddi POV •

"I don't see why you can't just live with me." James said, I laughed. "I'm eighteen and we're not married." I reminded him. He shrugged, I figured he could care less if I lived with him or not, but for just in case, he made sure he didn't sound happy about my little apartment. It wasn't small or too big, it was simple two story apartment.

There was two bedrooms, just enough for me to have my room and a guest room. My phone was ringing, my new one. I had upgraded. I now was an owner of an iPhone. I tried to give it to Carter, but he literally had a gold one. I looked down at my caller ID, it was Jennifer.

"Hey!" It was Abi, or as Jennifer renamed her, Gracie...

"Hey, baby girl, I miss you." I said smiling. "I'm in Virgina!" She exclaimed, I chuckled at her mispronunciation of the state, Virginia. "Really? Let me speak to Jennifer." I said, She giggled, "Okay." She said then the phone was shuffled around.

"What?" She snapped, I wanted to hang up and call her again so she could have a second chance to greet me, but instead I carried on what I wanted to say to her, "Thank you so much for moving here, I honestly feel terrible about how I came at you with that proposal, but I'd just like to get to know my little sister and I'm pretty sure Mason would too." I spoke.

"He's here?" She asked, I told her how he was and how we ended up still living here. "We should meet up somewhere, and I'll bring Mason so you can basically meet him again." I announced. "Yeah, that'd be amazing honestly, is there a park around here anywhere? Gracie has been talking about the amazing duck parks you said they have here." She said.

I smiled, she remembered. Every time I would sit with Abi, I'd realized she loved ducks and fish, so I would always tell her stories of how our mom would take us to duck ponds, I just didn't include the fact that she was my sister. I wouldn't want to mess her life up and I understand how damaging and confusing that would be, especially for an eight year old.

I had walked to Laura's house to go see Mason, I still didn't really think he was that much of a big fan of me, but he wouldn't be so mad at me to where he wouldn't go see his sister who we'd both thought was dead.

I lived in walking range anyways, my apartment was close to Laura's house and a pond.

When I rung the doorbell, he came and opened it shortly. He gave me a phony smile when he saw me. "What are you doing here?" He asked, I smiled up at him, I was smiling up at him. I never realized how much taller he'd gotten. He was currently way taller than I was.

"I have a lot to tell you. Is Laura here?" I asked, he nodded and walked inside. "Oh hey, Maddi." She said, I smiled and she stood up to hug me. "How are you?"

"I'm doing amazing, you know I recently started school, thanks to you, and I now have an apartment and I'm working on a car." I announced, she smiled so widely to me, "I am so glad that I could be a mother figure in your life, Maddi. Mason and you can always count on me, I hope you both know that." She said. I smiled and nodded.

"Do you know what you want to do in life?" She asked, I shrugged, I wanted to get married and have kids one day, but we all watched how that turned out with Carter and me, so I'll just let everything happen naturally.

"I was wondering if you minded that I took out Mason somewhere today?" I spoke. She shrugged, "I'm pretty sure he would love to get out the house." She smiled. I nodded and he entered the room. "So where we going, Mads?" He asked. My heart rate increased rapidly.

I felt like I was going to die any moment. "I'm so sorry, I meant to say Maddi, but I accidentally said Mads." He covered, my heart was still beating furiously though. I shrugged it off and I walked out waving goodbye to Laura as Mason followed.

"So where are we going?" He asked. I smiled up at him again, "You'll see, but before we get there I have to explain some things to you." I announced.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How was this chapter ? There will be another chapter tomorrow probably around this time , but yeah night my preciouses lmfao