50•Laura

• Maddi POV •

I woke up to Carter moving. "What are you doing?" I asked him, "Matthew's here." He told me. I nodded and got up also. He went out to get him and I stayed in. I stood over Mason watching him, his eyes fluttered open.

"Mason." I said quietly, he looked over at me then winced. "I'm so sorry, I should have came home." He groaned, "It's not your fault, none of this is so don't blame yourself, and whoever did this to you, I'll make sure he gets thrown in jail." I said. He shook his head slowly, "No, Maddi. I owed him money, the police aren't going to catch him." He said.

I shrugged, "I'm just so glad you're okay." I said kissing his forehead. "I don't care how upset or anything you get, you're not leaving my side, even if that means going back to high school because I will." I said. "I just can't believe I'm alive." He mumbled.

The door opened and in came the doctor. "Alright, we're gonna need you to wait in the waiting room. My patient will go through surgery now." he said, I nodded. I kissed his forehead again then walked out.

This was going to cost a lot of money that I don't have, I know Laura is going to have to pay, but I'm going to pay her back.

When I saw Matthew he frowned and hugged me. "We called everyone, they'll be here soon." Matthew assured.

I nodded and walked back to the room Mason was in, I waited outside the door. My fourteen year old brother could possibly die today, I don't know if he'll live, and I cannot go through another death in my life, not right now.

The thought alone scared my own life, it scared my soul out of my body.

"He's gonna be fine." Carter said hugging me from behind. I started crying again, "Your friends are out there, you should go see them." He said, I shook my head, "I'm not leaving right here until he's out here with me." I said. He sighed, but nodded.

"I'm gonna go tell them that you're staying over here." He told me leaving, I nodded.

I looked into the window and they had a curtain closed around him, I felt my tears starting to come out hotter and faster.

I felt someone's hand on my my shoulder. I turned around and it was Tyler, I felt more tears coming out and I hugged her, "I missed you so much, I'm so sorry. Justin and I flew down here as soon as we heard what happened, I'm so sorry, Maddi." She said.

"He's gonna be okay, he's a really strong kid." She told me. I nodded, "I'm gonna go, we'll be back. I'm gonna go get you some food baby." She told me. I sighed and she walked away.

I heard more footsteps, I looked up and it was Sadie. She walked over to me and hugged me. "I love you so much." She told me. "Mason's gonna be fine. I promise you he is." She said. I nodded, that's all I could do. Anything I'd say would probably sound like whale sex.

"Do you want me to go get you some extra clothes? I know you aren't gonna leave Mason?" She asked, I nodded. "Okay, Sawyer's here." She added. I sighed, I wasn't gonna tell her to leave, but I still wasn't a big fan of her, also I thought that made her a good person for coming here after everything I said to her.

I saw Sawyer walking up behind us, it was like they were taking turns comforting me when all I wanted honestly was to be left alone. Sadie walked away and allowed Sawyer to approach me.

"Look, I know we aren't okay or whatever, but Mason is hurt and I'm not gonna let some pointless shit make me not come support him and see if you're okay. We may have started off on bad ends, but I'm so sorry. I'm really not sure what I did, but I love you enough to just admit that I'm wrong even if I'm right, but if you want me to leave then I will, just let Mason know I was here for him." She said with her eyes watering. I could tell she was crying, I've seen her cry a lot, shit she's seen me cry a lot.

Our friendship was basically a tear shop factory or whatever, she stared at me for a couple more seconds before just hugging me. I hugged her back and she kept apologizing about Mason.

That was something I didn't understand, when my mom and dad died, at their small funeral, everyone apologized, people I didn't even know apologized. It isn't their fault, when I had my miscarriage everyone apologized. It makes me think it's their fault and also Mason isn't dead so there is no need to apologize.

We hugged for a while then she just left. The doctor came out like five minutes of me waiting after Sawyer left and he had a clip board. "I have some bad news." He started.

I covered my face and let the hot tears roll down from my face. He grabbed my left hand and moved it down, "He's not going to die." He announced, I couldn't stop crying even after he said that, I was crying scared tears and tears of joy. There was a mix.

"We can't get the bullet out of his arm yet, it's gonna take a while. Longer than normal. It went in pretty deep so he's gonna be in there longer, you should go home and get some sleep. The time you'll come back tomorrow, we should have everything done." He told me.

"I'm not going home." I sobbed. "That's fine, but you have to be patient. It's a serious situation, every surgery is, but if we try and rush through things, we could mess it up and he could die." He told me. I shook my head, "I'm not rushing anything, just don't say that to me." I instructed. He sighed, "I'm gonna go back." He said leaving into the room.

-the next POV is going to have humor in it , don't hate me for making fun of a serious situation lol I love Mason a lot-

• Carter POV •

I saw the doctor come out and talk to Maddi, I waited for everyone to talk to her before I went back over to her and literally acted as her knight in shining armor or whatever girls like.

After he went back into the surgery room with Mason I walked over to her, she was turned with her back to me, it'd be easier to hug her that way anyways.

She turned around so that her side was to me, she was looking at someone, I thought she was spotting me, but no. I heard more footsteps so I stopped.I watched as a tall man in a uniform hugged her as she cried. It was James.

Suddenly Justin Bieber started playing in my head, it actually didn't sound like it was in my head either, but out loud, we don't have to guess what song though.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to see Matthew, "Really? You're an asshole." I snapped. He chuckled and stopped the music from playing in his phone. "Sorry, I knew that was gonna happen, I was waiting on it. He's basically her best friend, you should expect him to be here, besides I'm pretty sure he was chosen for this case considering he's in uniform." He assured me.

I shrugged, "I don't care. He's literally everywhere and I wish he would just go away." I said. "Matthew!" I heard someone call, we turned around to see Laura coming into the waiting room. "Why did I hear that the child I adopted was shot from a police officer if you knew?" She fussed at him. He pointed at me, "Where is he!? What happened, is Maddi okay?" She asked.

"He's having surgery, I don't know, and yes." He answered, "Maddi's talking to her friend by the room." He added. She nodded and walked away.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How do you think Laura's gonna react to the situation ? guys this book literally has six more chapters what the actual fuckkk

but there is a sequel and you guys will love it .

I'm gonna put a semi spoiler alert in here ,

THERE'S A KID NAMED KOBE & HE'S SO FUCKING CUTE YOU GUYS ARE GONNA LOVE THE SHIT OUTTA HIM ! one ridinonjerrys authors already love him btw lol

whose kid do you think he is ? ^^